By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 ZOOMS PAST MGS3 in North America!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1328&region=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6970&region=All

Both *WERE* at 1.42 Million as of last week....so by now I am safely assuming that MGS4 has ECLIPSED Sales of MGS3 in North America. (last week MGS4 - 19K in NA, MGs3 - 603 units in NA)

Congratulations snake on yet another victory!

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Metal+Gear+Solid+4%3A+Guns+of+the+Patriots+-+PS3&reg2=All&game2=Metal+Gear+Solid+3%3A+Snake+Eater+-+PS2&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=100

THis is the outlook WW....MGS4 is currently 800K ahead of MGS3 at the same point in its life.

so predicting the LTD of MGS4....should be 800K more than MGs3 as of now = 4.8 Million

and to all the people who said MGS will CONTINUE to decline as a franchise thanks to low PS3 userbase....bla bla bla

Deserve not Roast turkey....but Roast Crow at xmas!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

wow, the series actually gained popularity in NA. some would attribute it to bundles though although I doubt there was a significant number of people who bought the bundles that didn't want the game.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
wow, the series actually gained popularity in NA. some would attribute it to bundles though although I doubt there was a significant number of people who bought the bundles that didn't want the game.

If by 'not a significant number' you mean none, then I would have to agree. The bundles were almost impossible to find and sold out at midnight at almost every location. Not to mention, how many people would hunt the MGS4 bundle if they didn't want MGS4, to pay extra money for backwards compatibility? Possibly, but I would highly doubt it. I'm sure every one who bought that bundle were getting MGS4 anyway.

EDIT: There also weren't enough bundles made to affect the numbers anywhere near this much. I mean, come on, MGS4 just passed the LIFETIME US sales of MGS3 in 6 months. How many bundles do you think they made? lol

PS3 Trophies

It's actually going to pass MGS3 soon enough.

I NEED TO PICK THIS UP.

Around the Network

And the MGS3 sales include all the cheapo discounted copies that sold long after the game's release.  MGS4 still has all those sales to make.  And these sales have come with a comparatively small PS3 install base (compared to the monster, PS2.)

Awesome. Go MGS4!

In Japan it will never catch MGS3 but in Europe it will and of course WW.

KillerMan said:
In Japan it will never catch MGS3 but in Europe it will and of course WW.

Actually, when games like WKC, FF 13, etc. come out and the Japanese gamers start to buy PS3's again, I can see MGS4 breaking the 800,000 of MGS3. I mean, MGS4 is already at basically 700,000 anyway.

EDIT: Actually, MGS4 has 200,000 to go. So it might not. :(

PS3 Trophies

This'll help make up for lower sales in Japan.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.