By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: Motorstorm Pacific Rift hits over a million sold

Motorstorm 1 is supposed to be the best selling game on the PS3 - this doesnt surprise me at all

Around the Network
dejelek said:
desperate moves by sony, it is not even made to NPD, UK chart, vgchartz or other chartz, they using "sold" not shipped.

even retail musing, by member here, or neogaf, mention, this game is bombed hard.

wow sony..

lol well you must be all knowing then. I will never doubt you

it should be underdracked by at least 100k-200k.
ç

Bitmap Frogs said:
whatever said:
Shipped vs. sold can describe some discrepancies, but not this one. 1 million shipped vs. 250 sold. Sorry, but there is no chance that 750k are in stores vs. 250k in customers hands.

My guess would be about 750k sold with 1 million shipped.

Motorstorm 1 sold quite a bit, it's not too much of a stretch that retailers overestimated demand on the sequel. If anyone has the time to do it, check retailers to see if it has been discounted already or not - that'd be an insight into the situation. If it is not discounted, it might indicate VGC has been undertracking it. If it is discounted, it might indicate retailers have excess stock.

As far as I can tell, no retailers are discounting MotorStorm: Pacific Rift at this time. I'll not speculate on what actual sales of the title are but I have a hard time believing that 750k copies are sitting on store shelves at this time, which would lead me to speculate that VG Chartz is undertracking the title.

This time of year there is most likely alot of Games either on the shelves or in the retail channels. It could be closer to 400k sold or so.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

LOL, sony and their cheap tactics. but at least they try to achieve something. LOL.

bigjon said:
This time of year there is most likely alot of Games either on the shelves or in the retail channels. It could be closer to 400k sold or so.

I could certainly believe that number. 750k, on the other hand, not so much.

I love the way everyone assumes VGCharts is correct, they could be making it up every week and stringing everyone along, who would know.

dont forget its the holidays, so they do overstock just in case.... i'm not saying its not undertracked, but it definately didnt as much as some are saying

how? it didn't chart high in any charts!
VGCharts could be wrong but the official charts won't be wrong!!
I'd say sony is overtracked it.