By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 09 Holiday Slate- My Predictions

Ok so this year is weak 4th Quarter from nintendo... Alot of this has to do with 3rd parties putting little effort into the Wii and the fact Nintendo released all of their big games in q1 and q2, now what is interesting to me is that several of those titles are selling better than the holiday releases from the HD Consoles.

Ok for next year I expect Nintendo to push these titles, and they will carry the Wii to similiar success early next year.

Ok to start AC: Wii will have good legs into early next year along with MKWii and WiiFit, so the wii WILL be fine until spring. There are also some decent 3rd party offerings in q1.

Ok, so we have WiiSports Resort. This is a guaranteed 10million seller if there ever was one. It will be a holiday title too. I see it trending MUCH like MKWii. Strong legs all year then really firing up around cmas. That will take us to the fall.

Ok this is where the predicting happens seeing than Nintendo does not release much far ahead of time...

Ok- the big august release will be Mario Party 9... casual, will have legs until cmas, a great time to release. By that time it will have been 2 years since MP8, and that is an eternity as far as the MP series goes.

Now in october I think we will see BOTH Kid Icarus and Pikmin 3. Both those title will be core, but yet still have good casual appeal.

And the Big Nov launch will be Zelda Wii- It will have been 3 years since the last Zelda, there would be no better way than to win back the core than to release an Awsome zelda.

basically they would cover all their bases with major launches. WiiSports for the really casuals, MP9 for the casuals, Kid Icarus for the core, and old school guys, Pikmin for the main stream, and Zelda for pretty much anyone who likes games. Not to mention MKWii and WiiFit should still but around (most likely not as strong as now, but still major players)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

No Zelda in 2009 but Kid Icarus and Pikmin 3 are quite probable. Punch Out and Sin and Punishment 2 for the early releases tied in with a mixing of Disaster and Fatal Frame. Then Mario Party 9 along with a few smaller releases such as Endless Ocean 2 and then end with a bang in those 2. But Zelda won't make it til 2010.

I think Zelda for 09, SMG 2 for 2010...

All of those titles are great, but they would leave the Wii without a real heavy hitter.

I will say Zelda for 09 until Nintendo makes it clear it wont be.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It's hard for me to put SMG 2 on the Wii. I mean how long has it been since two main line Mario titles were on the same console.

Zelda's not that unthinkable. The game's been in production for about two years now, probably.

Around the Network

Ok. Ok. Ok.

Ok, so I think Zelda will be released in 09 as well. I know Nintendo is working on it and will probably unveil it a E3 with a release for the holiday. Like you said, it would be three years then.

Ok, but there will be more games like Fatal Fram 4, Punch out, and Sin and Punishment, ok?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I'm hoping for Starfox to be done for the Wii. I'm hoping for next year? What do you guys think?

Here's my take:

I'd like to have Zelda in 09 but I can see Ninty pushing it into 2010.

For early next year, we'll have Sin and Punishment 2 and Punch Out (and hopefully Fatal Frame 4 and that one Tenchu game for the Wii) which will bring slightly more core audience. For the casuals, I see replenished Wii Fit and AC:CF and Wii Sports: Resort software supplies.

Pikmin and Metroid 1 and 2 as well as all those Wii-versions of GCN classics will also keep the Wii afloat amidst the Spring/ Summer season, as well as more 3rd party offerings in the form of Wii Ware and VC. Disaster might get a US release date as well.

E3 and TGS will be more forthcoming with new 3rd party games. Hopefully that new ToS game for the Wii will see a US release date soon. It'll sure light up the charts. How about a Layton game for the Wii??? Its possible. The Japanese seem to love that series very much.

Pikmin 1 and 2 will be hyped for the Fall release of Pikmin 3. F-Zero could also see a release date (Hopefully SEGA will develop it). Along with these two, and the casual-centric Mario Party 9, along with the ever-popular Wii Fit, will hold the Wii afloat the competition for the competitive holiday season. There could be a possible release date for Kid Icarus as well but i'm still a little iffy on that. And what is Retro working on right now???

Of course, if Zelda comes in late 09, that would change everything.

As for Mario Galaxy 2, I just dont think its time for another one just yet until mid 2010 at the earliest.

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

haha i totally forgot about Starfox man!

God, but where the hell would that game fit in this tight schedule i've made for Ninty in my head??

o_0

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

aiden.cronus said:
haha i totally forgot about Starfox man!

God, but where the hell would that game fit in this tight schedule i've made for Ninty in my head??

o_0

I know.

BTW 1 more post till 500. Well done.