By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 09 Holiday Slate- My Predictions

miyamoto has said next mario game wont be before 2010

also its not guarentted to be mario galaxy 2. we know the mario team is working on a game and the galaxy team is working on a game. could be 2 different games.

next year I say: fatal frame IV, disaster, S&P2, punchout wii, wii sports resort, F-zero, MP9, cosmic walker, dynamic slash and zelda wii. that would be sweet

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

@ woopah

link would be nice for that piece of info..

Also I don't suppose people remember the NES or SNES days do they? More than 1 mario if memory serves me correctly..

this is torture thread no. 1000. STOP

You know whats going to happen and it started with not getting Kid Icarus and getting SP 2.

We don't know whats going to happen so there is no sense in making a thread about it.

But whatever, i predict that known brands for Nin are all seen as core so next yr apart from PO and Pikmin i would suggest (not predict) that a huge adventure / racing or shooter title of some description will be released. Take your pick but its wise to recognise SP2 is a shooter and MKWii came out this yr.

Maybe semi realistic Ninty will turn up again, after all there is no wave race / pilot wings / f zero / 1080 to be seen. Would be a great service to the "core" to prove that they are still capable of less disnification.

PS. Hate Disney, Love Nintendo = what a hypocrite

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I seriously believe that Pikmin and Kid Icarus will be realease by this time next year.

We will see whatever Retro has been doing since MP3 next cmas, 2 year dev time is what is what is expected for a game. I personally think they are doing kid ic. Ok, now with pikmin, I see the point that they would not squish them together. I actually remember hearing miyamoto saying something that made me think it would be a mid year release. Also, MP9 could come in July like MP8 did.... August is just my guess.

it could look more like this
Jan-Feb- Nothing 1st Party (but a few interesting 3rd party titles, like deadly creatures)
March-April- WiiSports Resort (Replaces Brawl)
May-June- Pikmin (Replaces MKWii)
July- August- MP9
Sept Oct- Kid Ic (same timeframe as retro release of MP3 i might add)
Late Oct-Nov- Zelda

I remember hearing that they were working on a new Zelda BEFORE TP was release, something to do with while they were putting the final touches on TP, they were in the planning stages of Zelda:Wii. Remember Zelda:TP was delayed almost a year just so they could launch it on the Wii, I believe the early work was being done during that time.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

2009:

May: Wii Sports Resort
Aug: Sin & Punishment 2
Oct: Punch-Out!!
Nov: Mario Party 9

Pikmin 3 - Early 2010
New Retro IP - Mid 2010
Zelda Wii - Late 2010
New Mario - Late 2011

I think Zelda probably was in production since mid -06' Twilight Princess was a GC game and essencially done but then held back to launch Wii. So a Zelda by late '09 (3+ years) is definately possibly and even likely.

I'm also expecting a Kirby (looooong in development hell) and a Star Fox 64 remake or true sequel for Wii (cause that would be cool with Wii controls).

But I think even bigger than a Zelda game would be a surprise release of Donkey Kong Country 4. DK is more broadly known than Link so this would also fit into the Wii's strategy of mass appeal. Putting a DK game on Play on Wii could foreshadow this happening.

I think Mario and Zelda could both launch for holiday 09.

Mario Sunshine Play on Wii and Zelda Wind Waker Play on Wii, that is.

I'm not sure about Mario Party 9... Nintendo have already broken with pattern by not releasing it in 08, so they may have a different course planned for that franchise from here on out.

I could see Wii Sports Resort being delayed to the holidays. The E3 demo was pretty bare-bones. And unless MS or Sony start going after the expanded audience aggressively, there is little need to get Sports Resort out soon. From the timing of its announcement, I think the game was intended as a counterattack, but now there's nothing to counter.

There's a pretty huge slate of second and third tier titles for 2009, between the Play on Wii games, Punch-Out, S&P2, a variety of titles announced for Japan which may go international, Pikmin, etc... But other than Sports Resort, there isn't another 10 or 20m seller on the horizon... So it will be interesting to see what else Nintendo has up their sleeve.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Oh man, Wind Waker Play on Wii would be the bee's knees. I hadn't even thought of that one

My bet is that StarFox is the secret Factor 5 project, and it will come out in October. I am also of the opinion that Kid Icarus doesn't exist. Punch-Out!! will wind up a spring release, while Sin & Punishment 2 will be for Q3

Pikmin 3 in November, new Zelda in Q2 2010

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.