By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The I hate winter thread

Dear Winter,

I hate you.

I hate the fact that its 6 degrees F outside right now. I hate the fact that I can't feel my toes right now. And its not even officially winter yet :(

I've always dreamed of living someplace where "bitter cold" doesn't show up in the forcast.

Anyone else live in a frigid wasteland like me?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

dear winter

we've been together for years now but its time we see other seasons, it is not you it is me, well actually it is you, i just cant stand you, you are too cold which makes me sick and stay at home most of the time, lets not even talk about the constant rain or the huge amounts of cloths i have to wear to stay warm.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Dear Winter,

It's snowboarding time!! F*** yeah!!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!!! This is life!

Love, wfz.

EDIT: For the record, I live in southern California, where we wear shorts all year round.

I live in a frigider place than you, but I love the cold. We sometimes get -40 (same in C and F). I've gotten frostbite on my face (nose and cheek) and ears, but I can't stay out of the cold. Everything seems so tranquill, crisp and clean in extreme low temps. I don't mean to troll.

Dear Winter:

I have missed you the whole year. Your bad brother Summer always makes my city to be at over 45°Celsius for over two months. I really miss your -5°C temperatures, even without snow, since I love wearing my coats, scarfs and gloves.

Hope you come back soon.

Sincerely:

fazz

Around the Network

That is one nice thing about the South, mild winters. However, that is just about the only nice thing about the South...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I've always loved winters since I was a child. So much so that I was thoroughly devastated when we moved to Miami, I just love snow.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Dear Winter,

If you were warmer and lively, I would like you more. The cold isn't very nice for my skin... I'm freezing to the core of my bones and because of this, I don't feel like spending time outside. Depressing.

Sincerely, Lolita

Dogs Rule said:
I live in a frigider place than you, but I love the cold. We sometimes get -40 (same in C and F). I've gotten frostbite on my face (nose and cheek) and ears, but I can't stay out of the cold. Everything seems so tranquill, crisp and clean in extreme low temps. I don't mean to troll.

I think theres usually a day or two in the year where it reaches about -30 F

I remember when I was young my school busses diesel froze and we were stranded out in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours. That was unpleasant. Its not often tranquil here in the extreme cold, more like howling winds :(

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

but do you do any snow/winter activities? such as snowshoeing, ice skating, snowboaring, x-country skiing, playing with a dog, snowball fights, snowman making, Winter is what you make of it. It can either seal you into your house, or open new possibilities.

Sorry for not following the "dear winter" formula