By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Who can save the PS3?

double post

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
the PS3 has cell it doesn't need saving, once cell absorbs android 17 & 18 PS3 will be unstoppable.

LOL yeah.. it'll have a powerlevel of "over 9000!!!"

Check out my game about moles ^

get some deals with konami + SE and its a win.

throw EA addition support and its a win.

Capcom...meh i dont care for them.

keep Sony's first party creating awesomesauce games and its a win.

So on the one hand sony cuts 8000 jobs and leaves some markets but on the other hand, they should buy a 3rd party developer? Doesn't make sense to me. I mean, they want to save 1.1 billion USD, how could they spent like 1 billion for Capcom or square or whatever.

If Sony starts to "buy" 3rd party developers, the empire (Microsoft) will strike back. And we all know how bad this will end for sony. You can't win a money-race against MS. Especially not when you are in the situation Sony is in right now.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

kabhold said:
mwjw696 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 needs saving?

I would of ignored that comment normally... but for christ sakes they are in last place by millions and the year of Sony 08 did not help. Yea they need saving its going down faster than the titanic. With the economy going down even worse you think any parent that does not make tons of money is even looking at the PS3 this year?

Look its like this. I work for a Gamestop in a decent 100K+ town. You know how many PS3 we sold during the entire Black Friday. We sold 2 of them, 1 used, and 1 new. Now do you know how many 360's we sold.... ALL of them 30 Arcades, 10 used, 10 Pros, and 5 Leet models..... HOLY SHIT thats an ass whoppin. At the end of the night we where telling people we sold out and trying to help sway them into getting the PS3.. no deal. Walmart next door still does not have them  instock.

Its not that its going on every place, but we are selling arcade units like they where Wii's for the love of god. Look I like the PS3 and I want it to do well and Sony to profit, but I am just waiting for PS4 already ive gave up on Sony trying to cram the PS3 down peoples throat. The frantic fanboys dont help either. Why cling to the titanic when its sinking. Yea launching of the ship was great, was a great desine, and looks preaty as fuck. But once it hit that ice I grabed a life boat and got my ass out of there. Now I own both and really just play the 360 more. I turn on the PS3 and play alot still yea but im not clinging to it like the fanboys do. I dont have to fight over which is better, the sales number tell that tale. Sorry to post that here now flame away you ignorant fanboys flame.

Ya the 360 released a year earlier and considering sales from launch they are doing better than the 360 (even with 2 next-gen consoles to compete with).  Last time I checked they are toe to toe (equal) in sales in 2008....so in my view they are doing just fine, and no devoloper will quit making games for the ps3, so I have nothing to worry about.  From sony's viewpoint....I'm sure they will turn a profit.  Which honestly is all they want.  I see no point in comparing the Wii and PS3, as they are completely different consloes with completely different demographics.  In other words the Wii is "putting the smack down".

Too bad for sony PS3 isn't bieng compared to original xbox, vice the ps2, which raised the bar so high.  Business is about expectations, not absolutes...that's why a company can report a great qtr, but a less than stellar forecast will drop ur stock, like a rock!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

^the article wasnt about buying the developers, it was about cutting deals with them to get exclusives. alot cheaper than buying a company. and can be easily done by both sony and microsoft, just pay development and im sure and 3rd party would be happy to make the game exclusive

MS will always willing to help sony.
just come out with a price:)
( don't be like poor yahoo )

Who can save IGN? Their marketshare and financial income has been crumbling. I am sure these types of flame bait articles will get them some attention.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Cougarman said:
the PS3 has cell it doesn't need saving, once cell absorbs android 17 & 18 PS3 will be unstoppable.

Level 5 can be Android 17.

:)

EDIT: The one who killed Cell was Gohan, right?

I just saw that in a thread. Coincidence?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

heruamon said:
kabhold said:
mwjw696 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 needs saving?

I would of ignored that comment normally... but for christ sakes they are in last place by millions and the year of Sony 08 did not help. Yea they need saving its going down faster than the titanic. With the economy going down even worse you think any parent that does not make tons of money is even looking at the PS3 this year?

Look its like this. I work for a Gamestop in a decent 100K+ town. You know how many PS3 we sold during the entire Black Friday. We sold 2 of them, 1 used, and 1 new. Now do you know how many 360's we sold.... ALL of them 30 Arcades, 10 used, 10 Pros, and 5 Leet models..... HOLY SHIT thats an ass whoppin. At the end of the night we where telling people we sold out and trying to help sway them into getting the PS3.. no deal. Walmart next door still does not have them  instock.

Its not that its going on every place, but we are selling arcade units like they where Wii's for the love of god. Look I like the PS3 and I want it to do well and Sony to profit, but I am just waiting for PS4 already ive gave up on Sony trying to cram the PS3 down peoples throat. The frantic fanboys dont help either. Why cling to the titanic when its sinking. Yea launching of the ship was great, was a great desine, and looks preaty as fuck. But once it hit that ice I grabed a life boat and got my ass out of there. Now I own both and really just play the 360 more. I turn on the PS3 and play alot still yea but im not clinging to it like the fanboys do. I dont have to fight over which is better, the sales number tell that tale. Sorry to post that here now flame away you ignorant fanboys flame.

Ya the 360 released a year earlier and considering sales from launch they are doing better than the 360 (even with 2 next-gen consoles to compete with).  Last time I checked they are toe to toe (equal) in sales in 2008....so in my view they are doing just fine, and no devoloper will quit making games for the ps3, so I have nothing to worry about.  From sony's viewpoint....I'm sure they will turn a profit.  Which honestly is all they want.  I see no point in comparing the Wii and PS3, as they are completely different consloes with completely different demographics.  In other words the Wii is "putting the smack down".

Too bad for sony PS3 isn't bieng compared to original xbox, vice the ps2, which raised the bar so high.  Business is about expectations, not absolutes...that's why a company can report a great qtr, but a less than stellar forecast will drop ur stock, like a rock!

OK.  i'll take ur word 4 it.  I know nothing about economics.  Other than people and businesses like money.