By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did sony announce playstation home too early?

I was personally very excited for this when it was first announced, it seemed unreal at that time but the more delays it started getting i started wondering what the hell i'm gna do in home. Now the excitement has basically totally gone away. It's more like a "meh, its coming out thats cool". I wonder if this beta will change my perception of home to which i'm pretty sure it will cuz cmn its home.....seems like a fkn sick idea lol. O well it seems as if it was announced too early in its development. If it was announced last month and beta was released this month, i believe the excitement would've stayed among a lot of people and would've affected their hardware sales as well. But....but the important thing to never forget is that its freakn free and no matter how much your excitedd you will try it either way lol. I think microsofts plan to announce nxe at e3 and release it now was brilliant, it kept the excitement flowing and it showed in their sales and the most effective way of advertising....mouth to mouth.  Alot of people were talking abt it.

Around the Network

Maybe, but I believe some things were scrapped and retried which probably attributes to such a long delay.

F**** yes! That's THE thing that annoys me with sony, they always have to announce everything 50 years before it's released!

I think that they thought it would be ready before now.

HOME was announced early 2007, almost 2 years ago, it was announced 1 year too early

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

yeah I agree man. They announced it way too soon. Same with haze, although it sucked regardless and costed $60.

Ok been in the beta for a couple months now, and things have goten better, then bad, and then slightly better..

But I can say this, if they do release it this month:

A) It's going to be a huge patch, that I didn't even test yet.

5) If there is no patch don't get your hopes up because it's just not what people are expecting yet.

G) If they release it this month expect many, many, patches, weekly... heck maybe even daily because they are just rushing it out the door and hoping for the best.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

It was announced March 07 and is coming December 08. That's 20-21 months. Sounds about right to me.

DMeisterJ said:
It was announced March 07 and is coming December 08. That's 20-21 months. Sounds about right to me.

It would sound about right, if they had not said that it would be available in September or October of 2007 during the 2007 GDC.

Just like how FF13 is going to release in late 2009 for JAP and probably Mid 2010 for America/Others, being announced at E3 2006 =(