By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

Comrade Tovya said:Ok, first and foremost, let's not dip into the "scripted" politician subject, because it's well known the Obama was the "tele-prompter" candidate this election.

Secondly, Biden continued to provide false answers as the debate raged on.... which is something that is provable, unlike the assertion that Palin was "coached".

If Obama was as equally scripted as Palin, then Palin was as equally guilty as Biden in providing false answers. 

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
Comrade Tovya said:Ok, first and foremost, let's not dip into the "scripted" politician subject, because it's well known the Obama was the "tele-prompter" candidate this election.

Secondly, Biden continued to provide false answers as the debate raged on.... which is something that is provable, unlike the assertion that Palin was "coached".

If Obama was as equally scripted as Palin, then Palin was as equally guilty as Biden in providing false answers. 

No. Show me Palin's errors from the debate (there actually were a few mute errors, but Biden's were far worse).  I'm tired of writing extra long posts to validate every point, I want someone else to do it other than me for once.  I swear I'm getting carpal tunnel.

(As a side note, I'm not a Clinton fan, but I actually think she would have been an acceptable candidate for the Dems.  I get so sick of hearing about how Palin lacks the experience, but the same people who said that voted for Obama (who has virtually NO experience either)).

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I don't remember Palin making any errors, but she completely failed to answer the questions she was actually asked.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Factcheck.org is a nonpartisan, reliable and valuable resource. According to their assessment of the debate, Palin and Biden were fairly equal in the number of inaccuracies.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

Jackson50 said:
Factcheck.org is a nonpartisan, reliable and valuable resource. According to their assessment of the debate, Palin and Biden were fairly equal in the number of inaccuracies.

Factcheck is run by the Annunberg Foundation which has had Obama serving in it and has his buddies on its board ;)

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Jackson50 said:

Factcheck is run by the Annunberg Foundation which has had Obama serving in it and has his buddies on its board ;)

Yes, and Leonore Annenberg, the Chairman and President of the Annenberg Foundation, supported John McCain this election. She was also named Chief of Protocol by Ronald Reagan, and she and her husband supported Reagan during his elections. Factcheck.org is a disinterested entity, my friend.

Jackson50 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Jackson50 said:

Yes, and Leonore Annenberg, the Chairman and President of the Annenberg Foundation, supported John McCain this election. She was also named Chief of Protocol by Ronald Reagan, and she and her husband supported Reagan during his elections. Factcheck.org is a disinterested entity, my friend.

True.  However, they cite the Brookings Inst. for their factchecks and that org has been known to be a little left of the game if u catch my drift.  Rule 1 in politics: Find a scapegoat.  It happens Brookings is theirs.

halogamer1989 said:True.  However, they cite the Brookings Inst. for their factchecks and that org has been known to be a little left of the game if u catch my drift.  Rule 1 in politics: Find a scapegoat.  It happens Brookings is theirs.

I expected someone to dispute FactCheck's neutrality. Luckily, I have a myriad of sources readily available. Here is a fact check performed by The Tax Foundation. TTF is decidedly conservative and even they cooberate that both Biden and Palin made numerous factual errors. 

Jackson do we really have to beat a dead horse? Respond to my OT or leave. As for TTF, they both made errors, Biden making the most drastic ones in re 2 votes and statements made. Still, make a televised speech in front of hundreds of millions and start to worry if the facts are 100% right. They should be but it is more about getting a jab in and a right cross now and again.

theRepublic said:

I don't remember Palin making any errors, but she completely failed to answer the questions she was actually asked.

This.  All of the debatees may have been using a script, but Palin forgot that you didn't have to read your script in the order you memorized it!

@ Jackson: sounds like halogamer is trying to filibuster you!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson