By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

Sarah Palin- I need more hilarity in my elections. And as an added bonus, it makes Obama have a guaranteed win in 2012.

Honestly, I pretty much agree with damkira- anyone who can facilitate the destruction of the Republican Party as a national force. The Democrats have a massive new coalition, akin to Roosevelt's New Deal Coalition. With a far right candidate, this coalition would be preserved.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Sarah Palin.

This. Can't wait to see more of her feet shots. I know D21 loved them.

Seems to be a consensus. I'll go with Romney just because I like him more than the others, well excluding Jindal since I don't know much about Jindal yet.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

i think its a bit early to be discussing this. obama isnt even president yet...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

No one. I am really regretting not voting for him to. What a mistake. Unless he doesn't save the auto companies like I know he will, I will vote for him in 2012. (barring he screws up big time in some other way- wich I guess is possible, but unlikely)

Around the Network

I wouldn't want anyone associated with the Bush administration, so Jeb.

akuma587 said:
Seems to be a consensus. I'll go with Romney just because I like him more than the others, well excluding Jindal since I don't know much about Jindal yet.

I don't know, I read a comment after an article on the internet saying that because Jindals parents weren't citizens that he isn't counted as a natural born citizen and wouldn't have a chance at winning anyway. /sarcasm

Honestly, I like Jindal but probably because I know very little about him.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

There isn't an electable Republican at the moment... I actually really liked the McCain/Palin ticket a lot, but McCain is a great guy but a horrible politician... and Palin seems to be *real*, but the party strategists really threw her under the bus with the horrible media interviews they set her up for. The '08 race was travesty for the party in my opinion.

In all reality though, I think Palin would make a great president. She's not a politician, she actually means what she says...

It's just too early to say who is electable for the party right now, but I hope someone steps out of the shadows soon enough.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
There isn't an electable Republican at the moment... I actually really liked the McCain/Palin ticket a lot, but McCain is a great guy but a horrible politician... and Palin seems to be *real*, but the party strategists really threw her under the bus with the horrible media interviews they set her up for. The '08 race was travesty for the party in my opinion.

In all reality though, I think Palin would make a great president. She's not a politician, she actually means what she says...

It's just too early to say who is electable for the party right now, but I hope someone steps out of the shadows soon enough.

Exactly.  When I was @ HQ during the last month of campaigning, I stated the need for my previous home Co of Buckingham in our effort to keep VA red.  They did not listen.  Obama won it by 100 votes and turned VA blue. ;(

Palin, Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, Thune, Jeb Bush, Mitt Romeny, Huck, etc. is plenty to choose from...

Comrade Tovya said:

The GOP may have mishandled Palin, but she is equally responsible for her performance; I shudder at the thought of a president who could not name one SC decision (other than Roe v. Wade) she did not agree with or a magazine she read to remain abreast on foreign matters.

There are some “electable” Republicans. Romney, however, is not a viable candidate. He has an oleaginous quality that many I know find unsavory. Huckabee could be an acceptable candidate if he reduced his fundamentalist rhetoric. Gingrich remains a viable candidate. I would posit that Gingrich will win the nomination. Yes, he possesses some personal baggage, but he also possesses a substantial record of accomplishment as Speaker of the House. I remember in 1995 when he forced Clinton to remind everyone at a press conference that he was still relevant. He is intelligent and an engaging speaker. He has the conservative credentials to mollify those on the right, but he is not a rabid fundamentalist. It is a tremendous gamble, but it could result in a tremendous reward.