By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who do you want to run against Obama in 2010?

halogamer1989 said:
@Kasz Why not Jindal?

Supports teaching intellegent design in schools.

14th in congress for Earmarks before he became govonor.

Voted against 1st ammendement rights by voting to make burning the flag illegal.

Voted to make the patriot act permanent.

Against Stem Cell Research. (Even though there are plenty of stem cells in ebyronic chords and stuff that go to waste.  It's not just cells from abortion.  Nor do people even get abortions to make stem cells... it's a non factor and just wasteful to be against it.)

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
halogamer1989 said:
@Kasz Why not Jindal?

Supports teaching intellegent design in schools.

14th in congress for Earmarks before he became govonor.

Voted against 1st ammendement rights by voting to make burning the flag illegal.

Voted to make the patriot act permanent.

Against Stem Cell Research. (Even though there are plenty of stem cells in ebyronic chords and stuff that go to waste.  It's not just cells from abortion.  Nor do people even get abortions to make stem cells... it's a non factor and just wasteful to be against it.)

Hmmm, I didn't know any of those things.  If that's all true, looks like I prefer Romney to Jindal.

Not to mention the GOP still has a great deal of closet raciscm in the party if the last election taught us anything.  Do people honestly think the party would nominate, let alone vote, for someone who looks like a foreigner?  Xenophobia was all the rage in the Republican Party last year.  And this guy "looks" as Muslim or more Muslim than Obama.  Jindal kind of sounds like jihad too (thank me in advance if someone actually says this next primary).

If this is his wife though she is wicked hot:

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Final-Fan said:
But ... that makes no sense, Kasz. That's like a murderer blaming it on the victim, who pissed him off.

You forget that one of the key GOP strategies is to always make it look like it's the other party's fault, even when you were the one who actually did it.

Not saying that the Democrats don't do this too, but the GOP has always been a party who is better at being against something than for something.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
But ... that makes no sense, Kasz. That's like a murderer blaming it on the victim, who pissed him off.

Nah it's more like blaming the people who internet deck in a collectable card game for everyone having to do so now.

The people went with what's going to get them money.

It's why we need a balanced budget ammendment.

The situations are not equivalent.  The internet deck thing is a bad activity (I presume) that others must emulate to remain competitive, whereas what we are talking about is people who spend wastefully versus people who spend wastefully AND create huge deficits in doing so.  It's another level of bad government beyond what was being done by the first group, that the first group cannot reasonably be held responsible for. 

Besides which, I've shown that the Democrats actually returned to a fiscally conservative stance, that the Republicans did not emulate when they had a similar majority.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wait, can somone send me a link to that website that tells you if you're a conservative, liberal, ect?

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
Wait, can somone send me a link to that website that tells you if you're a conservative, liberal, ect?

Someone may have already sent it, but I will post regardless of that so anyone can use it.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Jackson50 said:
RCTjunkie said:

Someone may have already sent it, but I will post regardless of that so anyone can use it.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Thank you! :)

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:

Nah it's more like blaming the people who internet deck in a collectable card game for everyone having to do so now.

The people went with what's going to get them money.

It's why we need a balanced budget ammendment.

The situations are not equivalent.  The internet deck thing is a bad activity (I presume) that others must emulate to remain competitive, whereas what we are talking about is people who spend wastefully versus people who spend wastefully AND create huge deficits in doing so.  It's another level of bad government beyond what was being done by the first group, that the first group cannot reasonably be held responsible for. 

Besides which, I've shown that the Democrats actually returned to a fiscally conservative stance, that the Republicans did not emulate when they had a similar majority.

Wasteful spending is a bad activity that other polticians must emulate to stay elected or risk getting replaced by Neocons.

Why else do you suspect the Neocons got into office?

Cutting a bunch of republican programs i wouldn't call so "Fiscally conservative".

It's not like the democrats cut anything that they wanted to fund.

Just how the former republican congress cut demcoratic programs.  Though the current president also started a few wars... two real and one imaginary.  That tends to rake in the national debt.  Add in pointless government additions like the department of homeland security...

Both sides are just fighting for their "share" of the loot at this point, striking where they can at the others money. 

akuma587 said:
Final-Fan said:

You forget that one of the key GOP strategies is to always make it look like it's the other party's fault, even when you were the one who actually did it.

Not saying that the Democrats don't do this too, but the GOP has always been a party who is better at being against something than for something.

Doesn't being against something mean your for something?

I mean they started off against slavery... which means they were for abolition.

Although in a way one could also blame Neo conservatives on the democrats in that Neoconservatives used to be democrats... and fairly liberal ones at that.

Neoconservatives are basically fiscal democrats and social republicans who realized that nobody likes tax increases... so they just ignore doing it and raise up the deficit.

Wikipedia covers it fairly well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism#Drift_away_from_New_Left_and_Great_Society

Kasz216 said:

Doesn't being against something mean your for something?

I mean they started off against slavery... which means they were for abolition.

Although in a way one could also blame Neo conservatives on the democrats in that Neoconservatives used to be democrats... and fairly liberal ones at that.

Neoconservatives are basically fiscal democrats and social republicans who realized that nobody likes tax increases... so they just ignore doing it and raise up the deficit.

Wikipedia covers it fairly well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism#Drift_away_from_New_Left_and_Great_Society

Its generally a pointless discussion to try and compare the Republicans to Democrats at any time before FDR or the whole Civil Rights debacle in the 60's and 70's since the parties themselves are completely different from what they were before those times.

Neocons are only liberal in the sense that they like to spend money, not in any other way.  They usually still like to rail against the inefficiency of government on the campaign trail, so they still try to pawn themselves off as anti-big-government even if that isn't true.

I just don't see how you can so easily exculpate the Republicans by saying that "the Democrats did it first."  What Neocons are copying isn't what Democrats were doing, since Democrats were willing to raise taxes.  Neocons have essentially just taken the "spend" without the "tax" out of "tax and spend liberal."  Consequently, I don't think it is a fair comparison since what Neocons are doing is worse than what the Democrats were doing fiscally.