By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Want to start playing RPG's. What do I sart with?

FF6 is a good one for beginners- its a lot easier than the rest of the 2D ones, and also probably the best one ever created. Chrono Trigger would also be good, though I'm not really sure if its the right difficulty for a beginner. Another one, though it's not so impressive nowadays, is Final Fantasy VII. Unfortunately, it might be TOO easy- it degenerates into pressing X over and over. And sadly, it hasn't held up well. I did not play it until a year ago, and all I can say is that I was underwhelmed by it.

And if you can find it, Golden Sun for the GBA is a fairly easy one, and also really fun.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
zexen_lowe said:
Soriku said:
Oh, and if you wanna play FF DO NOT START WITH 8. I love that game to death, but that game is freaking hard.

Hard? FF8? It's not the easiest game ever made, but it's in no way hard. You really need to meet hard RPGs, maybe SMT: Nocturne will teach you what "hard" means.

I'd suggest starting with Final Fantasy X, not very old and good enough to get you hooked. Or if you want to start with the best, you can try Suikoden V or Persona 3 FES

I've already met hard RPGs. Baten Kaitos Origins is brutal.

Sorry Soriku but I had to lol aswell.  FF8 freaking hard XD.

nice. thanks everyone. your wisdom is much appreciated!

Golden Sun for GBA (compatible with DS but yeah)

Easy to play, interesting story, male characters don't look like girls, 3D battle system

Start with the first one then play The Lost Age.

Western RPGs: Oblivion and Fallout 3

Japanese RPGs: Final Fantasy series

Depends what your taste is,.  Western RPGs deal with leveling up your character with a fps-esque style, where you actually fight with the sword you buy or aim the gun you found.  Japanese RPGs are turn-based and involve more strategy.

Around the Network

Earthbound.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!