By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Placing Bets: Mario Kart Wii will be the best selling console game. Ever.

...Mind you, I'm talking only non-bundled games - Wii Sport, Play, and Fit fans look elsewhere.

MK:Wii is a true blue, un-arguable core title, and what it's doing right now is unprecidented. 400,000+ units last week, and by all accounts, will sell another 400k this week too.

Given these trends, does anyone else want to join in and say that it'll pass Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas's 16 million units, and secure it's rightful place in history as the biggest game ever?

I've never played MK: Wii, but was a diehard fan of Mario Kart for SNES oh-so many years ago, so it's nice to see such a good series get the kind of respect it deserves - and maybe prove to Nintendo that games like Sports and Fit aren't the only kind of titles that people want.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Wii Fit was never bundled.
And I disagree. I think Wii Fit will sell more than Mario Kart and San Andreas.

"Wii fit fans look elsewhere"
It was never bundled?
If you use the "Oh, it comes with a balance board" excuse, MKWii comes with a Wii wheel

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

It's going to pass Gran Turismo this week. I think it has a pretty good chance of beating GT3 next year, which will make it the best selling console driving game of all time.

So you really think it will sell more than other non-bundled games like Wii Play and Wii Fit :) Anyway, I'd be shocked as hell if some story didn't include Mario Kart Wii in a Wii bundle.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

The reason I didn't include Play & Fit are for a few reasons:

Play - It's a $10 game bundled with a $30 controller.
Fit - Probably will sell more. The reason I argue against Fit on the list is for the game purists out there. I don't have a problem including Wii Fit on any list, but to prove a point, I figured we could exclude it :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
The reason I didn't include Play & Fit are for a few reasons:

Play - It's a $10 game bundled with a $30 controller.
Fit - Probably will sell more. The reason I argue against Fit on the list is for the game purists out there. I don't have a problem including Wii Fit on any list, but to prove a point, I figured we could exclude it :)

Wii Remotes are $40, not $30.

And what's this nonsense about "Game Purists" wanting WiiFit being excluded from lists invovling console games sales?

exclude wii play

but imo what Wii Fit is doing at $90 Is TRULY unprecedented

GTA:SA sold 20 Million all consoles combined BTW....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

when its all said and done i believe mario kart wii will sell 20 million copies, i don't know if that will make it the biggest selling ever.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

@soriku

it may pass 20 Million ........ it may not who knows

either way I will still say what Wii Fit has shown is EXTRAORIDNARY!

$90 game can sell THAT WELL!..

Here not MK Wii.....but Wii Fit has shown true power imho.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey