By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I buy a PS3 this holiday?

It's a good buy, especially if you are a tech geek that loves 1080p movies and great media functions and internet browsing

Around the Network
Million said:
I wouldn't hold my breath for a price cut if I was you , If the current PS3 line up and some of the early 2009 releases like Killzone 2 catch your interest then go for it.

Yes, Killzone 2 is a very interesting tittle.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

josenieves1 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Wait for Price cut. Then get the System.

Also, that is another issue.  A price cut will definitively will be enough for me to buy the console.  But when?  Who knows...?

Well Sony said they dont intend to cut the price soon (of course they'll say this, otherwise sales will dry up), but i think it is likely around arch/april 09

Double post?

SMcc1887 said:
It's a good buy, especially if you are a tech geek that loves 1080p movies and great media functions and internet browsing

As a matter of fact media functionalities are very important to me.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Around the Network

No, you shouldn't.  The PS3 is too expensive and has no games.  XBL is a superior online service.  They tacked on the motion control to copy the Wii.  Sony is arrogant.

Also, I'm a robot. XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
blazinhead89 said:
josenieves1 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Wait for Price cut. Then get the System.

Also, that is another issue.  A price cut will definitively will be enough for me to buy the console.  But when?  Who knows...?

Well Sony said they dont intend to cut the price soon (of course they'll say this, otherwise sales will dry up), but i think it is likely around m arch/april 09

I can wait until April.  But that "info" is very speculative.

thekitchensink said:

No, you shouldn't.  The PS3 is too expensive and has no games.  XBL is a superior online service.  They tacked on the motion control to copy the Wii.  Sony is arrogant.

Also, I'm a robot. XD

Same, xbox 360 are far superior than ps3 in terms of hardware and games

@NJ5

MGS3 never released on any other console so you are wrong.

MGS4 may....but don't use that statement as proof as the most recent to MGS4......MGS3....never went multiplat.
______

@josenieves

well for MGS4 & LBP it is worth it.

if you like RPG's....you may be interested in White Knight Chronicles & Valkyira Chronicles.

But there's a rumored price drop in March for EU....so I would say DEFINETELY BUY a PS3....but maybe wait till march to see whther the price drop comes or not.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

thekitchensink said:

Also, I'm a robot. XD

A little arrogant, yes.  But falling from undisputed first to third will do that to any company.