By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

Shenmue 3 microsoft xbox 360 exclusive.................. come on....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Comrade Tovya said:
Sardauk said:
Comrade Tovya said:
Blood_Tears said:
Break the Bank eh?

MS buys either Nintendo or Sony Confirmed? lol

well, although it's a far fetched fantasy, it would be really cool if MS & Sony announced a console partnership going forward, and the development of a Sony/MS PS360 for the next gen.  "Microsoft PS360 powered by Sony"

Yeah, yeah, I know it would never happen, but that's not the point.  It would still be pretty cool.

Microsoft doesn't need Sony to rule the market but your remark is interesting since :

Sony is a technology company but lacks of good software services

Microsoft is a software company that lacks of a good hardware reliability

For the consumers, it might be very good

Hypothectically, that's what makes it such a good fit.  On the downside however, Sony & Microsoft both have bloated self-egos and both want to be the leader... so it would really be hard for them to come to an agreement on any final product.  It's difficult for two admirals to run the same fleet of ships.

But hypothetically once again..

A) Sony PlayStation Cell Processor Technology

B) Microsoft's supperior LIVE as the online backbone

C) Microsoft's OS & software capabilities

D) The greatest lineup of exclusives combined that has ever been seen by man

E) Slightly more than half of the installed userbase combined this generation

F) Sony rules Japan

G) Microsoft rules the Americas

H) Sony's IC producer is soley Toshiba now who have a great relationship with Microsoft

I) Microsoft has a heavy hand with the software industry because their Windows monopoly

and so many more benefits that it would be impossible to list them all...

But, once again, two fat headed people who could never sit down and agree on a strategy

oh wow. that would be beyond incredible.... too bad it'll never happen.

OT: eh. we really have no idea what he's talking about, so why speculate?

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

I think they are talking about software and developments in the pipeline for the 360, not some mythical console of power...I DO believe they will announce something in 2009, if the console is due in 2011, but 360 will have enjoyed a nice 6 year run. BTW, if they make the next xbox backward comp, it won't hurt sales, imho, look at Ninty and Sony...I actually MS is going to launch a zune optimized for gaming in 2010...my gut tells me they want to compete on all levels. The zune is already built and established, and they would be modding that platform, not creating something new, so cost will be very reasonable. Looking at R&D expenditures over 2008, M$ is researching SOMETHING big...20-30 million in R&D is a TON of cash, but when you're burning in the hundreds of millions, you're working on big things...really big.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

"F) Sony rules Japan"

How in the hell do you figure that?

I'm hoping for some games, Halo 4, Alan Wake, Killer Instinct, Forza 3, stuff like that.