By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

Sardauk said:
Comrade Tovya said:
Blood_Tears said:
Break the Bank eh?

MS buys either Nintendo or Sony Confirmed? lol

well, although it's a far fetched fantasy, it would be really cool if MS & Sony announced a console partnership going forward, and the development of a Sony/MS PS360 for the next gen.  "Microsoft PS360 powered by Sony"

Yeah, yeah, I know it would never happen, but that's not the point.  It would still be pretty cool.

Microsoft doesn't need Sony to rule the market but your remark is interesting since :

Sony is a technology company but lacks of good software services

Microsoft is a software company that lacks of a good hardware reliability

For the consumers, it might be very good

Hypothectically, that's what makes it such a good fit.  On the downside however, Sony & Microsoft both have bloated self-egos and both want to be the leader... so it would really be hard for them to come to an agreement on any final product.  It's difficult for two admirals to run the same fleet of ships.

But hypothetically once again..

A) Sony PlayStation Cell Processor Technology

B) Microsoft's supperior LIVE as the online backbone

C) Microsoft's OS & software capabilities

D) The greatest lineup of exclusives combined that has ever been seen by man

E) Slightly more than half of the installed userbase combined this generation

F) Sony rules Japan

G) Microsoft rules the Americas

H) Sony's IC producer is soley Toshiba now who have a great relationship with Microsoft

I) Microsoft has a heavy hand with the software industry because their Windows monopoly

and so many more benefits that it would be impossible to list them all...

But, once again, two fat headed people who could never sit down and agree on a strategy

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
gebx said:
Break the Bank = Buying Developers ??

MS buying EA confirmed!!

Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!!

Just imagine it..... MADDEN 2010 - exclusively for xbox 360.

That might shake things up a bit.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
halogamer1989 said:
gebx said:

MS buying EA confirmed!!

Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!!

The NFL wouldn't allow it... so....

Halo: Recon gameplay footage please.

Max King of the Wild said:
Strategyking92 said:
halogamer1989 said:
gebx said:

MS buying EA confirmed!!

The NFL wouldn't allow it... so....

But what if it was the only "proper" version ?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

releasing it early will only make it less fancy as ps4 and wii2. not to mention the problems that can occur, RROD, if they rush it of course.

Anyone who thinks the next Xbox will be announced is a fool, the 360 is selling far too well to even consider a successor for the next 3 years at a bare minimum. If any hardware is announced it will be the 360 Slim.

I'm sure the break the bank comment is in relation to the upcoming game library anyway.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

As long as It's not the next console. I seriously want to see the 360 have a shelf life of atleast 6 years before we see the next system. Not only for gaming purposes, but so we don't have the RROD fiasco all over again.

It's just that simple.

They're not going to announce a new console, who ever says that doesn't know what they're talking about.

Things Sony talked about at E3 2007:

Killzone 2
Home

18 months and counting....