By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft looking to “break the bank” at E3 2009

@dirtyP2002

GT 5 is PS3's biggest exclusive.....FF13 wasn't

GT> Halo & FF in terms of sales of the franchise.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@dirtyP2002

Actually GT franchise sales are on the decline. Look at GT4 sales compared to GT3. I also expect GT5 to be outsold LT by Halo 3. I predict GT5 sells about 5-6 mill LT.

Break the Bank = Buying Developers ??

MS buying EA confirmed!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
Break the Bank = Buying Developers ??

MS buying EA confirmed!!

Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!! Developers!!!

selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@dirtyP2002

Actually GT franchise sales are on the decline. Look at GT4 sales compared to GT3. I also expect GT5 to be outsold LT by Halo 3. I predict GT5 sells about 5-6 mill LT.

we have been through this too many times

GT1 got more sales than GT 2.....

then GT 3 got more sales than GT 1 or GT 2....new game on a console has a WOW FACTOR.

then GT4 got less sales than GT 3 ala GT2....wow factor gone

its a pattern present in nearly every franchise.....FF has it too (FF10>FF9 but FF12MGS3) has it too

Its not declining.....its just a trend.

GT 5> GT4 but GT6

BAsically the second game of a franchise on the same console usually sells less as that WOW & hype factor becomes much less.(this usually applies to very successful franchises that began in the PS1 era)

oh & finally GT5:P has most probably crossed 3 Million in terms of Sales counting downloads.....so you predicting 5 -6 million for GT5 isn't as bad as your other predictions but a bad one nonetheless

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
libellule said:
SpartanFX said:
^^^that's kinda stupid,,,cause it will hurt their own console(360)the most as people will think that console is about to be replaced.

==> no,

u can announce a new one and continue to massively release new title for your console

Remember, if u only have 200$ u have no choice than buy a Xbox360 console OR save ur money for a PS3

If u know the "next" gen is coming then u just buy the cheap Xbox360 and u will later to buy a Xbox720 forgetting the outdated/expensive PS3...

release a new console =/= discontinuating an old console

To early. If anything, Xbox 360 should live alone at least for 6 total years before a successor.

Developers need a while to recover costs and making profit.

Might also lead to gamers waiting for the next generation Xbox or just skipping Xbox alltogether to jup to Sony's "10 year plan" PS3.

And with the worlds economical problems, it might be a to big investment for both Microsoft and the potential buyers.

MSFT already said they are in for the long haul and will sell 360 as long as it meets demand. I could see a 360 selling alongside a 720 much like the PS2 now with its successor.

NJ5 said:
@Munkeh111: With the uncertainty about how long the economic crisis will last, I think it would be quite stupid to plan for new hardware in 2010. People aren't exactly begging for something to empty their wallets. One or two years later than that sounds much more sensible.

I don't mean it will be released in 2010, just announced then, probable release in October/November 2011

Are they going to buy more exclusives? Breaking the bank...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

No more RROD? :O