By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 49 (2008), Prince of Persia and Animal Crossing Wii debuts

DMeisterJ said:
R2 did hold okay from last week though... GOod.

I think its sales actually increased. It would have been stable at worst if not for the 360's games that were on sales....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
fulcizombie said:
The wii and the xbox360 must have had a crazy week in terms of hardware sales based on this software chart. Nice to see both gears and fable destroy resistance 2. Sony's 1st party division still unable to produce a hit.

actually if you look carefully you can see that 360 sales did not jump wildly. Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana, and Sega Superstars tennis all fell in the charts. The reason for the jump in Fallout and Fable were sales (2 games I am very happy to see selling)

maybe they fell off the charts because the games that were on sale took their places .Anyway , based on the weekly charts , the 360 must b selling great.

I am suprised because there is lot of Microsoft Games who jump in the top 40!!

How many Gears Of War 2, Fable 2 and Project Gotham Racing 4 have been sale for the total?

And how many Resistance 2.

fulcizombie said:
bigjon said:
fulcizombie said:
The wii and the xbox360 must have had a crazy week in terms of hardware sales based on this software chart. Nice to see both gears and fable destroy resistance 2. Sony's 1st party division still unable to produce a hit.

actually if you look carefully you can see that 360 sales did not jump wildly. Kung Fu Panda, Lego Indiana, and Sega Superstars tennis all fell in the charts. The reason for the jump in Fallout and Fable were sales (2 games I am very happy to see selling)

maybe they fell off the charts because the games that were on sale took their places .Anyway , based on the weekly charts , the 360 must b selling great.

right, so that means they remained stable at best. Maybe 5-10% hw boost.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Mario Kart is just a beast. I mean seriously just incredible. Not a bad start for Animal Crossing. Can't say I would have expected too much higher placing.

Around the Network

Mario Kart sales have risen for the past four weeks in the UK are are 95% higher than they were four weeks ago.

12/8 +15%
12/1 +17%
11/24 +33%
11/17 +9%

bigjon said:
DMeisterJ said:

I think its sales actually increased. It would have been stable at worst if not for the 360's games that were on sales....

So Resistance 2 drops 4 places and sales increased but sales actually increased...While the Pro/Elite bundles fell by the same # of positions on the chart(s), while the Arcade packin (Sega Superstars Tennis) jumped 9 places...And you say that 360 sales didn't jump?

Your words are confusing.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Decent openning for AC i think, it will have great legs without a doubt, Mario Kart just amazes me, but to be honest Nintendo are advertising it quite a lot in the UK now.

mrstickball said:
bigjon said:
DMeisterJ said:

So Resistance 2 drops 4 places and sales increased but sales actually increased...While the Pro/Elite bundles fell by the same # of positions on the chart(s), while the Arcade packin (Sega Superstars Tennis) jumped 9 places...And you say that 360 sales didn't jump?

Well it's not that they are confusing but not viable in the first place.  We are talking about placement and ranks right now... not actual sales.  What if the sales of 360 actually increased but certain games increased more. 

It's ranks we are looking at people, not numbers.  If actual numbers increase it could affect the ranks in infinite ways.

mrstickball said:
bigjon said:
DMeisterJ said:

Your face is confusing!

>_>             <_<              >_>

*ahem*

Yeah, I'm a bit lost too.