By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can You Believe We Used To Argue About.... (Fill in the black)

There have been some many things that there were discussions about in the past, and now thinking back... I realize we were so wrong... lol   here is  a couple

People were saying WiiFit stupid and would never catch on (just read the WiiFit hit or miss thread)

People argued Which would sell more MKWii or GT Prologue... wow that was so stupid looking back.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

GTAIV will kill the wii was quite fun.

PS3 will die!

Wii sales will slow down.

I loved the talk of how PS3 would never see graphics anywhere close to the original Killzone 2 trailer.

I agree on the first to posts also, although I always thought Wii Fit would sell like crazy. Goodwill and the Salvation Army are pretty much used workout equiptment stores. Women are complete suckers for any workout or fitness tool, and that always lead me to believe it sell a lot. Not to mention the jerk parents that buy things like this for their kids, instead of Mario or Zelda, and then try to convince them its a fun game and its good for them.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

izaaz101 said:

This was probably my favorite, since it was obsurd, hilarious, and many many people believed it would actually happen, like the second coming of Christ.

Around the Network

I remember all the hype around which would sell more between MKWii and GTAIV. I always had faith in the Karts.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

wfz said:
izaaz101 said:

This was probably my favorite, since it was obsurd, hilarious, and many many people believed it would actually happen, like the second coming of Christ.

The aftermath, especially after NDP, only made it funnier.

Thinking back, there were all these threads about Wii third party support picking up.
"3rd parties were caught off guard by Wii's success! You'll see. 3rd parties will start shifting focus towards Nintendo once they've finished up on their HD projects!"

Two years later, still nothing.

XBOX360 dead by .. well now basically. LOL

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Thinking back, there were all these threads about Wii third party support picking up.
"3rd parties were caught off guard by Wii's success! You'll see. 3rd parties will start shifting focus towards Nintendo once they've finished up on their HD projects!"

Two years later, still nothing.

Yeah I know, it sucks. At least MH3 and a few other really promising games are coming out next year. We can only hope they actually deliver. While it does take a longer time to develop high profile games, I do agree that we've heard very little of huge 3rd party projects for the Wii. It's a pity, I really expected some unique and great games.

Speaking of which, anyone seen Scribblenauts for the DS? It comes out late 09, and WOW that game is unique and awesome!