By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will happen if Killzone 2 bombs?

I'm with Makingmusic. I realize Sony has high expectations. And maybe in their mind anything short of Halo/Gears type phenomena will be dissapointing (do we actually know what they're predictions are?)

But even in this games worst case scenario I see it moving 2 to 3 million.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
I'm with Makingmusic. I realize Sony has high expectations. And maybe in their mind anything short of Halo/Gears type phenomena will be dissapointing (do we actually know what they're predictions are?)

I think your funny even Mgs 4 just reached 3.5 million or something in that direction and that is a way bigger franchise than killzone will ever be i think the sales will be something like Uncharted 

Yo mods, he isn't asking if Killzone 2 WILL flop, he's asking what would happen if it flopped.

Now I am going to ban both of you for 1 week so you can sit and think about what you just did.

On Topic: If Killzone 2 flopped, there's always God of War and GT. I don't think it'd hurt Sony that much, considering that the PS3 isn't selling godly at the moment, but if the PS3 keeps getting underwhelming sales from exclusives, then that would definitely be a problem.

wfz said:
Yo mods, he isn't asking if Killzone 2 WILL flop, he's asking what would happen if it flopped.

Now I am going to ban both of you for 1 week so you can sit and think about what you just did.

On Topic: If Killzone 2 flopped, there's always God of War and GT. I don't think it'd hurt Sony that much, considering that the PS3 isn't selling godly at the moment, but if the PS3 keeps getting underwhelming sales from exclusives, then that would definitely be a problem.

you are correct to call us out for turning a console sales question about if the game flopped in to a software sales question about what it could sell.

However, without asking that question, we can't answer his. We need to ask what constitutes a flop before we can say what happens if it does flop.

The game "flopping" at 2 million in sales is far different than the game "flopping" at 2 hundred thousand sales.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It wouldn't make that much of a difference simply because I see there are higher profile games coming out next year for the PS3, ones that do matter.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
martjuh ! said:
stof said:

I think your funny even Mgs 4 just reached 3.5 million or something in that direction and that is a way bigger franchise than killzone will ever be i think the sales will be something like Uncharted 

3.5 so far, with another 37 thousand this week. As a game that will sell units throughout the consoles life, I wouldn't be surprised at a 4 mill total sales.

And yes, I see it moving at least 2 mill.

Sony realises FPSes are crap and all their fans are on x360 anyway and start producing quality arcades, RPGs and racing games that made them superpower in the last gen :D

Yeah I know I can only dream :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It will bomb by breaking a mil. Should be ala SMG sales or it will be a flop!

stof said:
martjuh ! said:
stof said:

3.5 so far, with another 37 thousand this week. As a game that will sell units throughout the consoles life, I wouldn't be surprised at a 4 mill total sales.

And yes, I see it moving at least 2 mill.

If Uncharted could move 2 million in only a year, there's no reason this game couldn't as well.

Plus it's an FPS.  They sell gang busters these days.

If the game turns out well enough, I wouldn't be surprised if it outsells the ps3 version of Call of Duty 4 when all is said and done.

There will be always a new exclusive game than can save the ps3, yo know what i mean, but, the hype in this game its so big, than i belive it could sell over 3 m.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation