By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gamespot Reviews WoW: Wrath of the Lich King

Well, for those of you that haven't seen yet Gamespot has reviewed World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King!  They gave the game a 9/10 and it earned their editors choice award.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/worldofwarcraftwrathofthelichking/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

Gamespot praised the game for it's end game content and the Death Knight Class.  The only thing they found bad about the game was the lack of content for lower level players.  They were happy with the huge number of new quests and the amount of time Blizzard put into making them a unique experience.  They also really liked the Death Knight starting area and quests.

They mentioned that with the Death Knight Class you end up just having to do all the Burning Crusade stuff all over again and you soon find yourself replacing your cool looking Death Knight Armor with the stuff that Paladins and Warriors were wearing almost two years ago.

They said that the new raids and dungeons are much more accessable now to the non hardcore WoW players while still having options for those who do want to take the hardcore route.  Also the new PVP zone is very well done and many of the quests are great.

They overall thought it is a great expansion.

Now in my own opinion, WoW really is a great game and I would suggest it to anyone who likes playing MMORPGs.

What do you guys think?

PC Gamer
Around the Network

It's an MMO, thus, I'll be staying miles away from this game.

I don't doubt it's good for WoW fans though.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

It is an amazing RPG in its own right. WOTLK has to be one of the best expansions made by Blizzard, rivaling even LoD for D2. The locales are absolutely amazing and jaw dropping, and some of the music really stands out to the player.

Without a doubt though, the best part of the game are the quests. Gone are the days where you are some nooob at level 1, or 70, now it's all about you being the all powerful hero you have stived to be. You take on dragons by yourself, help topple fortresses, and single-handedly turn the fight against the Scourage in the living's favor. There is also lore, and lots of it too. I completely enjoyed walking in with Arthas and Muradin and watching Arthas acquire Frostmourne, or helping him in the Culling of Stratholme.

Sadly, the raid content is kind of lacking, however I never liked raiding, I always saw it as a necessary evil. The good news is that the 5 man instances are absolutely phenomenal. Blizzard has put all their knowledge into making these 5 man instances and the heroics are absolutely jaw dropping. The encounters they have created are just as intricate and in depth as raids, some are even more intricate than that, and they always present a group with a challenge, even when we're completely epiced out already. I really hope Blizzard adds 3 5-mans for every new raid instance they make, however something tells me this won't be the case.

In closing comments, if you have ever played WoW and enjoyed it, then you will definitely love this expansion, it's Blizzard at their finest. You don't even have to be in a big guild, I left my "awesome 1337" guild 3 days before WOTLK and made a guild for just a few peeps, and I have absolutely no problem experiencing any of the content Blizzard has provided for me.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835