By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Rumor) Microsoft first party games lower MSRP? (Rumor)

With a huge catalog of great games for

Around the Network

All I know is that there's only two 360 games I've paid $60 for. On every other, I've gotten $10 to $20 discounts. No discount? I'll just wait until there is one.

I'd have bought prologue if it was half a game. 75 cars is not too bad, but I'm more interesed in more tracks instead. give me 18 tracks for $40, and I'll probably get it. 6 does not cut it.

Hibikir, it was more like 10 as they all had reverses and in many cases they were radically different, such as in Daytona the reverse is not just a ring, it cuts inside onto the grass for most of the race

Just an FYI:

When this generation started, and Microsoft struck first with the '$60' pricepoint....They said in the beginning, that their first-party efforts were going to be $50 - $10 less than typical.

It never materialized. So it's nothing new. It would seem, though, that they are indeed trying to get into that lower price bracket, because it allows for better evergreen sales. Heck, looking at the VGC charts for games outside the X360 top-50, it shows that some of the ultra-old games like Dead Rising or Viva Pinata are doing phenominally well for 2 year old games.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Even if this is a rumor, really is it any different from what happens now with budget titles? If they are going to have two different versions of the same game, but priced differently, then that is something else.

I don't see how that would work however cause you would have to have some benefit to the premium game, and again thats no different then special editions...

...I call bullshit.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?