By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Uh Oh- Wii Music Sales Tidbit

Okay so I live in Ft Wayne Indiana, population 250-300k. So I do not live in the boon docks or what not.

Ok so I went to TRU just to look around (They have the Buy 1 get 2nd 20 off), and was really shocked. First The 360 and PS3 section for SW are tiny. They are 7 games across and about 8 shelves high... really small. The Wii section was rather large about 2x the PS360 combined. The DS section at my tru is just monster. It is almost as big all other sw sections combined. Ok, so. The place was packed, and I was browsing through the Wii section, and low and behold I see 3 empty spots for Wiimusic... I was very suprised to say the least I then went to the counter to ask if they had any (they keep extra stock in glass shelves behind the register) and they said they out. Ok, So I am think well TRU is THE most casual store... So I head over to sears.... they were out also(they usually have no more than 8 games of one kind in stock at once as is)... So I head into the mall and go to GS. About 4 days ago I remembered seeing like 6 Wiimusic cases on display now there was only 1... I tried to see if I could spot any in the glass... but I saw none.

I am in disbelief right now... Did nintendo do a major WiiMusic marketing campaign or something? This is really weird.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

its prolly due to the holidays, but yay, the wii and DS are monsters :)

I predict Wii Music will outsell Nintendo Wii (lifetime sales).

Viva Wii Music!

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

Wii Music is HUGE!

But, yeah, like Phoenix said- They're all getting snatched up for the holidays.

I've seen tons of Wii music comercials. Maybe people didn't know it wasa realesed (it is a casual title) till the comercials started rolling

Around the Network

I've seen a ton of ads for this, with people of all stripes rocking out to the Super Mario Bros. theme. I imagine that's attracted a lot of people.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Best Buy seems to be advertising this game a lot.

In my store, they play the most brilliant Wii Music ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlN6h2rqsg

It plays about once every 10 minutes on all of the TV's (There's a wall of them). I truly believe that it's the most effective video game commercial ever.

chasmatic12 said:

In my store, they play the most brilliant Wii Music ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlN6h2rqsg

Excellent ad. Makes me want to go play Wii Music now.

Fie on work!

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69

I should have checked at best buy. They had 30 or so in stock on black friday... Should have looked there... plus Best Buy is the easiest place to tell how a game is selling.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut