By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean The Last Hope

darthdevidem01 said:
Looks brilliant.

FMV is nowhere near FF13 quality though.

You know that the EXAXT same studio is working on the FMV for this as FFXIII, right? And I mean literally exact same.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Looks brilliant.

FMV is nowhere near FF13 quality though.

You know that the EXAXT same studio is working on the FMV for this as FFXIII, right? And I mean literally exact same.

Final Fantasy, the peak of videogame art, am i rite? =D

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

star ocean 4 looks great and its the game i will get a new 360 i believe. damn now i will own all 3 consoles, their goes all my extra money, oh well . at least i'll own all the good games for each system then.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

The best thing one can do is own all consoles and rent games, it's just the way to go.

Riachu said:
The game looks visually appealing especially if you are willing to live with some of the doll-like character models. Knocking ToV and LO from the 360 JRPG throne won't be very hard for SO4.

I disagree. Vesperia was vastly superior to the good, but not great, Star Ocean: Till the end of Time on the PS2.

Before you ask, yes I have a copy, yes I beat it, and yes it's a very weak game compared to any Final Fantasy.

Star Ocean 2 on the PS1, however, was magnificant.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riachu said:
The game looks visually appealing especially if you are willing to live with some of the doll-like character models. Knocking ToV and LO from the 360 JRPG throne won't be very hard for SO4.

I disagree. Vesperia was vastly superior to the good, but not great, Star Ocean: Till the end of Time on the PS2.

Before you ask, yes I have a copy, yes I beat it, and yes it's a very weak game compared to any Final Fantasy.

I am not sure if you know this but tri-Ace are fixing many flaws that were in SO3.  SO4 dethroning ToV won't be as hard as you think if you take that into consideration.

Riachu said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riachu said:

I am not sure if you know this but tri-Ace are fixing many flaws that were in SO3.  SO4 dethroning ToV won't be as hard as you think if you take that into consideration.

I probably value Vesperia more than you. I think it's the best Tales game. Any JRPG will have a tough time beating it in my eyes. I loved it. Put well over 100 hours in. I think it was an amazing game, and one of the best series that has actually been better this gen than last.

I actually like TTEoT a lot, but I'm not sure if Tri-Ace knows the games biggest flaw. Lack of character development. That's a flaw in more than a few of their games, actually, and nearly a staple of the Star Ocean series. I can't even remember the names of the darn characters from a star ocean game, except for maybe "ashton(?)" from the epic SO2.

Anyway, yes, I really hope Star Ocean can top Vesperia for me. Vesperia focused around character development the entire game....but I just don't play a lot of jrpgs that I like anymore. Vesperia hit my niche perfectly. This coming from me, who disliked Lost Odyssey, and despised Eternal Sonata.

If this game, with its graphics, is to knock off Vesperia for me as best next gen jrpg game, then it'll probably be AAA on the rankings sites, because it's gonna have to put the same greatness that was in Vesperia with its current epic Final Fantasy type presentation. Most reviewers base about half their score on presentation, so yep...

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This game just jumped to like my top 6th most anticipated RPG. That is out of like 30 announced Jrpgs. I'm getting really hyped for it now. I'm impressed.

Riachu said:

As much as I love Star Ocean, I doubt it will be able to topple Tales of Vesperia. It was like JRPG and gaming ecstasy.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

my personal GOTY of 2009 IMO. I'm afraid this game will get 7.5 IMO critics have been harsh with JRPG's this gen. lost odyssey was really great.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)