By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why can't little big planet sell like wii music?

A. LBP wasn't bundled....if you count it as bundled GEOW 2 was heavily bundled 2

B. Userbase

C. brand name....."wii series" brand name is as popular as GTA 4 level now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Because revewers always ignore pre-teens in rating games. Wii Music may not thrill you or I but think how much fun it would be for the 5-12 group. Easy to play, your Mii in the game, 66 different istruments to play.

Now which console will a 5-12 yo most likely own?

Game - Set - Match

Tremble said:
Yeah I know but some people think that this game would sell well cause it's supposed to be casual, but it's way to hard for someone who never played VG. Wiimusic is pretty easy to handle. And don't forget all the ads too showing this blond mum playing xylophone (most boring add ever) !!!

Wasn't there a ton of advertising for LBP? I could have sworn we had more then a few threads saying how awesome it would do now that Sony was putting effort into getting the word out.

My guess is because Wii Music is the more interesting game >:3

CIHYFS?

darthdevidem01 said:
A. LBP wasn't bundled....if you count it as bundled GEOW 2 was heavily bundled 2

Except that it was bundled.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

@infamous

where though?

anywhere significant?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Because Non gamers are not really interested in LBP, the whole concept of the game seems to be very confusing for the non-gamers, and it will not make them buy PS3 for it. Plus not all PS3 owners are interested in a game like this they prefure those "Mature" titles.

Wii Music has more appeal, wider userbase and more pick and play feeling to it. Therefore it will sell well, i'll buy a copy as well sooner or later even if i wont be a primary user of this game.

It's a desire thing.

I don't have any particular desire to build videogame levels. Other people do that for me and do it so much better. Try and sell me something that is infinitely customisable and my first reaction is I'd have to spend half a lifetime customising it. No thanks.

I do have a desire to make music.

So Wii Music wins.

I don't see how the games are comparable at all.

wfz said:
I don't see how the games are comparable at all.

They both emphasise creativity from the player?

LBP is on the system that cost $400 and the game appears to be a game for kids.  (I know that it isn't).  If it was made by Nintendo and it was on the Wii it would sell 10x what it is now. 

Then again a lot of things about the Wii completely baffle me like what is the big deal with Wii Fit?  Seriously a balance board?  Is this even a game?