By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shuhei Yoshida: We have 5 RPGs in development

either way I still HATE YOSHIDA!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
SlumsofOhio said:
Christhor said:
It doesn't say RPG anywhere, you'll only get disappointed if change what people say to what fits you best...

FM - A strong interest here in Japan is in role playing or deep strategy based games, why has Sony not played to these strengths with the Ps3?

Shuhei Yoshida - The inception of a console is one of trial and error. It is never one set path one takes to success and success should never come from an easy path. When a new console is introduced into the market it is expected of it to do well and to try new things in the process. We have tried many new things with the PS3 and will continue to try an introduce more western style games here to the Japanese market. With that said we are not ruling out our fanbase and their needs we are very aware of what they want and are working internally to create software that fits their needs.

FM - Anything you can speak of here?

Shuhei Yoshida - Names, no. But we have 5 projects underway inside of Sony that will cater to the fanbase you have described. We are also working with 3rd party to ensure we have those kinds of games coming in from their studios as well.

Read the bolded parts please.

What's wrong with me not paying enough attention. Thanks for clearing that one up So guys continue speculating... Yoshida does mean 5 (S)RPG's.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

SlumsofOhio said:
Christhor said:
It doesn't say RPG anywhere, you'll only get disappointed if change what people say to what fits you best...

FM - A strong interest here in Japan is in role playing or deep strategy based games, why has Sony not played to these strengths with the Ps3?

Shuhei Yoshida - The inception of a console is one of trial and error. It is never one set path one takes to success and success should never come from an easy path. When a new console is introduced into the market it is expected of it to do well and to try new things in the process. We have tried many new things with the PS3 and will continue to try an introduce more western style games here to the Japanese market. With that said we are not ruling out our fanbase and their needs we are very aware of what they want and are working internally to create software that fits their needs.

FM - Anything you can speak of here?

Shuhei Yoshida - Names, no. But we have 5 projects underway inside of Sony that will cater to the fanbase you have described. We are also working with 3rd party to ensure we have those kinds of games coming in from their studios as well.

Read the bolded parts please.

"But we have 5 projects underway inside of Sony that will cater to the fanbase you have described." Could easily mean games in other genres that (according to Sony) cater to those people. Sony hsve done strange things before, they might think that games like Heavy Rain will cater to them. Either way I'm not getting my hopes up, everytime I do I get dissapoineted...

konnichiwa said:
That is a lot! Please let one be a SMT game!!

Atlus makes SMT no?

Legend of Dragoon 2 please.

White Knight Chronicles
Demon's Soul
???
???
???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

People should listen to this-

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7b42b189-910a-43fa-b6e5-3d074dc8f480/vgtilt-gamesblow-interview/?widget=flash_equalizer

Legend of the Dragoon 2, a new Wild Arms and Dark Cloud 3 will be revealed next year. So that's 3 out of 5.

@The God of war I'm too lazy to listen right now, but thanks anyway. Question is "when" next year... I hope not at the end of the year. After WKC, hopefully Demon's Souls, there's not much RPG love available in 2009 for the PS3 from the Japanese front. I question myself if we'll see the light of any of the two FFXIII games next year.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

outlawauron said:
Naum said:
About damn time really, I'm still waiting to buy my first RPG for my PS3, only use it as a Blu-ray player for the last 6 months.

Your lack of Valkyria Chronicles is disturbing.

Maybe it's just me... but i've never considered SRPGS as RPGS.

Of course that does make classifing games like Fallout near impossible in my head.

Why didn't they ever make a D&D engine with the fallout engine.  Or... more then two games with it for that matter.

The_God_of_War said:

People should listen to this-

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7b42b189-910a-43fa-b6e5-3d074dc8f480/vgtilt-gamesblow-interview/?widget=flash_equalizer

Legend of the Dragoon 2, a new Wild Arms and Dark Cloud 3 will be revealed next year. So that's 3 out of 5.

LIES!!!! Oh man, calm down SnakeEyez, this may be false. Have to keep my hype in check just in case, so I won't be disappointed.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Naum said:
About damn time really, I'm still waiting to buy my first RPG for my PS3, only use it as a Blu-ray player for the last 6 months.

Your lack of Valkyria Chronicles is disturbing.

Maybe it's just me... but i've never considered SRPGS as RPGS.

Of course that does make classifing games like Fallout near impossible in my head.

Why didn't they ever make a D&D engine with the fallout engine.  Or... more then two games with it for that matter.

Maybe it's just me but I always considered SRPG as an subcategory of JRPG's.

Like they do with a lot of Japanese stuf for example J-music who has subcategory's as J-pop and J-rock.