By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 3 cracks Halo 2's numbers

I would not write off Halo 2 as a 10M seller too quickly. I can see Microsoft selling a Halo trilogy bundle with all 3 titles for $90 or so. If it does it during xmas 2009 it can get another 1M-2M out of the bundle alone.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

Around the Network

that is good

Great sales for one of the greatest games out there

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

CaptDS9E said:
DirtyP2002 said:
great sales. Maybe the add on will move some units, too.

That's a given. Even if it sold half of what it has, it would be a hit. I think MS should be smart and sell it for $40 , as Bungie has said its more of a short expansion pack, by a smaller team.  $40 would get most to jump on it

I was talking about the original Halo. So the add-on releases and the original game might sell some copies with it. The add on will mor than likely sell well. Last week MS sold 800k Xbox360s, but just 30.000 Halo3s. So, there are a lot of people having a Xbox360 but haven't played Halo3 yet. They might jump in with the add-on and get the whole package. A Halo Bundle with Halo1 + Halo2 + Halo3 + Halo ODST for 90USD would be great,too. Would be a nice thing for Xmas 09. So if this happens, 10 million copies might be a reachable mark.

I guess, this would be the No. 1 FPS ever on a console, right?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...