By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official over the top John Lucas style console/game sales prediction thread

fazz said:
I still believe in Brawl at 20M+

Believe.

Given the future install base for Wii 30M+ easy, gotta think about those eventual bundles and pack-ins when Nintendo wants to sweeten the pot ;3

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Grand Theft Auto IV: Lost and Damned will kill the Wii.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Actually, save for one week this year, Leo-j's prediction of PS3 not going below 120k WW any week was pretty spot on. Especially the fact that he made this in 2007, I'd give him the credit for the next John lucas on this site. One over the top prediction that hits in the midst of hundreds of over the top predictions that don't.

Leo-j = JL confirmed.

DMeisterJ said:
Actually, save for one week this year, Leo-j's prediction of PS3 not going below 120k WW any week was pretty spot on. Especially the fact that he made this in 2007, I'd give him the credit for the next John lucas on this site. One over the top prediction that hits in the midst of hundreds of over the top predictions that don't.

Leo-j = JL confirmed.

Hmmm... he also predicted that:

1. GTAIV would kill the Wii

2. Wii would finish the year at around 33 million

3. Wii would have the least sales of the three for the year

So, he doesn't have a TERRIBLE record for predictions, but it's not as squeaky-clean as you implied

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wii Music will pass Wii Fit at the end of 2010

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
DMeisterJ said:

Leo-j = JL confirmed.

So, he doesn't have a TERRIBLE record for predictions, but it's not as squeaky-clean as you implied

Unless you lack sever reading comprehension skills, I clearly state that he has one over the top prediction that hit in the midst of hundreds that didn't. 

>_>

Here are some crazies:

Wii Music: 8+ million lifetime.

Wii Fit: 21+ million end of 09', 35+ million lifetime.

Wii Sports Resort: 14+ million by the end of 09', 35+ million lifetime.

Mario Kart Wii: 18+ million by the end of 09', 28+ million lifetime.

thekitchensink said:
DMeisterJ said:

Leo-j = JL confirmed.

hey hey hey, this is a thread about optimisim and crazy predictions and not about Leo-j putting down other consoles ^_^

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Wii to sell over 37 million consoles next year bringing them to a total of 70+ worldwide

Thats not crazy, thats down right impossible.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Wii will outsell all previous Nintendo home consoles combined by... 20%.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz