By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Walmart to offer tens of thousands of Wiis on Monday

10s of the 1000s is an interesting number...

Week = 7 days

Walmart = ~30-35% videogame sales over the holiday I'd wager

The 's' implies 20,000 but lower than 100,000 or else they'd say 'over 100,000 or hundreds of thousands' I think.

So...call it (20,000 + 90,000)/ 2 as our estimate for Monday at Walmart.  55,000.

55,000 * 3 = 165,000 Wiis

Now extrapolate that over the rest of the week assuming other stores have a comparable number of Wiis...and you have a mid-line estimate, with two to three reasonable assumptions of...1.155m for the week since

165,000 * 7 = 1,155,000

Obviously the number could be alot different if even one of the assumptions ab ove is wrong but its not too bad as a ballpark estimate.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

So another crazy week for Wii.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

wow, it seems like walmart really wants ppl to shop for thier gaming needs their than anywhere else. also congrats to the wii, looks like another huge sales for america alone and could come close to last weeks 800k.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

60M year end confirmed?

One thing a little unclear from the article was whether they meant only from their website or all their stores. The statement seems to imply that they are only talking about the website, which means their overall allocation is much higher.

Around the Network

funny how walmart does not need to give GH away free with the Wii for them to sell out.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Weird, I tried to access walmart around 12am PST and it I'm getting a site down for maintenance message. Coincedence?

Having the site down even in the middle of the night must cost them loads of money.

Wii has massive positive network externalities

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

The entire Walmart home page is all Nintendo!

FishyJoe said:
The entire Walmart home page is all Nintendo!

I noticed that around 8AM EST today. They must really have a huge quantity, as they are still advertising them, and they are still in stock.

I love how when you click on it, it says "Online, Not Sold In Stores"

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)