By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The look at 2009

At request from some VGC users I have created a full topic on Exclusives for 360 here. I know there is another topic on this for graphics in the future of 360, but alot was missed, so at request for me to do a thread. Here it is.

Firstly here is what we have currently as our peak game this gen in Gears 2. Then what follows is some mouth watering games both visually and intriguing. Please other console fanboys, do not come here trying to downplay these visuals and carp on about your exclusives. We disagree with you on many counts. Fanboys from both sides will say theres is graphically superior, when to be honest there isnt hardly a difference at the top end of the scale.

Gears 2

A game that truly shows what our beloved console is capable of here in the M$ forum. Those of us who have finished know, this is exactly how it looks from start to finish on a HDTV. Beautiful.

And to games in development.

Star Ocean 4

Just wow. This game looks more apatizing than FF13 (which we currently await with baited breath to). The visuals are beautiful, and the battles look awesome to. My most anticipated JRPG over FF13.

Next up is Splinter Cell Conviction

We havent had any new screens this year. IT has kinda dropped off radar like Alan Wake did for awhile. New screens and an extra 12 months dev time since these shots, should meen the game now looks even better. Looks to have much more character depth and story to.

Next is Alan Wake. Yes these are PC pics. But they are 720P images. And what alot of people forget is that the 360 version has been worked on from day 1. Which means that the 360 version has had over 4 years development. They will have fully optimized this for 360 in a big way. And I fully expect the 360 version in 720P will look ver very close to the detail in these shots. Man that jacket is the best piece of clothing Imo in a videogame.

Up next Halo Wars

This game is a gorgeous looking RTS. One of the best period. We all know how well Starcraft has done. The sci fi setting real made that game. What better then than the Halo universe to use for a sci fi RTS. Some of the best races and squads easily for a sci fi RTS game.

Here is Kingdom Under Fire 2

Ok so this hasnt been announced for a particular platform yet. However considering that every previous incarnation has been exclusive on Xbox leans this heavily on a 360 exclusive. The KUF:COD spin off was atrocious, but this is the official follow on from the awesome KUF game for Xbox 1. This game is impressive and is pure wow. I had to include the gameplay trailer of this, it's just chucking some serious amounts of enemies on screen during gameplay with high detail throughout. Even the cutscenes are realtime. Wow

Following video there is no CGI. Absolutely amazing. Look at how many on screen enemies with the insane amount of detail.

Halo 3 ODST

Do I really need to say anything about this Campaign special of Halo 3 expansion. This is already guarenteed to exceed 5 mill sales. It's Halo for gods sakes. Oh yes HALO!

Ninja Blade

This game gets slagged alot because it's From Software. Now I know it's good reason as FS havent really done much. But this certainly looks very impressive. The visuals already heavily outdo NG2 and the gameplay footage looks furious with great boss battles aplenty. QTE also add adrenline. I say bring it on.

For Racing fans there is Race Pro. From developers that have the name as the best PC racing simulator devs, this game should finish out to be an awesome racing game for 09. Shaping very nicely, and with the possiblity of Forza 3 as well next year. 360 is the place to be for hardcore racing freaks.

Huxley

A game that is MMOFPS. Been in dev for a long time. The game should be ready next year. It promise alot for a game of it's type. A game many have been waiting for since Nov 2005. Lets hope all the dev time was worth it. It certainly looks it. 60 player battles in FPS? nah I'll take 100's.

Add to this list it's likely MAss Effect 2 is exclusive as you HAVE to play the first to understand at all. And even possible M$ could fork out for Bioshock timed exclusive again.

Also M$ have said there is at least 8 unnannounced first and second party games for 09 yet unannounced and 2009 is looking very very positive.

2009 is already looking better than 2008 for Xbox 360.

Around the Network

WOW, the J man never noticed how gorgeous star ocean 4 looks. If the game even looks like half of the detail the pics got ff13 is going to have some tough competition.

Also , KUF2 is definitely on the J mans radar.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Gawd I can't wait for Huxley!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.... That vid is nice.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

all of them look very good and i think visual the 360 really hit its true stride in 09. alan wake and star ocean 4 are more than likely going to make me get a 360 again , sooner than i had thought they would. then i'll own all 3 systems, then if i have the money i can get all the good games without any sacrifice. @selnor as always a very nice job well done on presenting 360 stuff. "clap" "clap"

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Reminds me of LOTR: TROTK mouth of Sauron scene.

Nasty....

I mean nice!

Tease.

dam man. didnt know gears looked that good. kingdom under fire 2 looks really fun. make a ps3 one :o

star ocean 4 is simply beautifull.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Kingdom Under Fire 2 is now on my radar. That looked very cool.