By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY please market Killzone 2

dolemit3 said:
stephen700 said:
Why would they need to market it - everyone know it's another FPS with the usual thumbstick control scheme just like every other unplayable console port of PC games i have seen.
It deserves to fail - i am sticking with my plan to get a new PC because that way i can get 60FPS and a mouse to aim with. - What do PS3 owners get they get nothing.

I thought that PS3 supports a mouse and keyboard control?

No in game mouse/keyboard though and that is where you need it.

The game may have been in development for 10 years but it's will be crap - even an old version of counter strike on a PC is better. Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is just pathetic. Sony need to ditch those old thumbstick controllers which are a relic of the 2D era and come up with something better or provide mouse support.

To promote this game they can show someone attempting to play it - PC users will laugh at how slow and awkward  it is.

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network
stephen700 said:
dolemit3 said:
stephen700 said:
Why would they need to market it - everyone know it's another FPS with the usual thumbstick control scheme just like every other unplayable console port of PC games i have seen.
It deserves to fail - i am sticking with my plan to get a new PC because that way i can get 60FPS and a mouse to aim with. - What do PS3 owners get they get nothing.

The game may have been in development for 10 years but it's will be crap - even an old version of counter strike on a PC is better. Trying to play an FPS with thumbsticks is just pathetic. Sony need to ditch those old thumbstick controllers which are a relic of the 2D era and come up with something better or provide mouse support.

To promote this game they can show someone attempting to play it - PC users will laugh at how slow and awkward  it is.

Don't CoD4 and Halo show that an FPS can work very well on consoles? You just have to be used to Dual Analog, it's a very different playstyle.

Oh and most PS3 FPS support mouse, but if you wanted to use a mouse, you would get the PC version. Killzone 2 does not support KB+M, and from what we've seen in the previews, Dual Analog works very well.

It has not been in development for ten years, but around 4. I tried playing the original Counter Strike once, and it was awful. Everything was outdated. Only Source is playable.

And why would they ditch the thumbstick controllers when most of the PS3's top ten selling games work better with Dual Analog?

GTA4, CoD4, MotorStorm, MGS4, Resistance: Fall of Man (probably better with Analog, actually), Assassin's Creed, GT5P, Uncharted, GH3 (best with the guitar, obviously) and PES 2008. Only the bolded could work well with KB+M.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
stephen700 said:
dolemit3 said:
stephen700 said:

To promote this game they can show someone attempting to play it - PC users will laugh at how slow and awkward it is.

Don't CoD4 and Halo show that an FPS can work very well on consoles? You just have to be used to Dual Analog, it's a very different playstyle.

Oh and most PS3 FPS support mouse, but if you wanted to use a mouse, you would get the PC version. Killzone 2 does not support KB+M, and from what we've seen in the previews, Dual Analog works very well.

It has not been in development for ten years, but around 4. I tried playing the original Counter Strike once, and it was awful. Everything was outdated. Only Source is playable.

And why would they ditch the thumbstick controllers when most of the PS3's top ten selling games work better with Dual Analog?

GTA4, CoD4, MotorStorm, MGS4, Resistance: Fall of Man (probably better with Analog, actually), Assassin's Creed, GT5P, Uncharted, GH3 (best with the guitar, obviously) and PES 2008. Only the bolded could work well with KB+M.

Most of PS3's top selling games are doing average at best - certainly no Halo3 type attach rates.

I think the attach rate will continue to be low, it may inspire sony to ditch their outdated thumbstick controllers sooner rather than later - not that i care so much anymore since i only buy PC games from now on untill i see some support for the motion features on the sixaxis, a new type of controller or mouse support.

Mouse support there is almost none only 1 game on PS3 supports mouse ( UT3 i think )- please correct me if i am wrong ?.

PS3 number 1 fan