By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X360 sales vs others

I've been watching this site carefully for a while and I just noticed that the xbox 360's number only get increased when NPD sales numbers come out... I understand that they don't go up that much from Japan, but weekly (if not sometimes daily) increases to the ps3 and wii are common with no update to the xbox 360. What really confuses me is that the sales data for the wii and ps3 continuously increase in the america's category without the xbox360... this makes little sense because the 360 is definitely selling in America... these little increases continue throughout the month and then get an additional boast when the NPD data comes out making their numbers grossly inflated... or... xbox 360's number grossly compromised.

Around the Network

360 has been out for awhile so its sales fluctuate widely based on what games are released when. PS3 and Wii still sell pretty steadily from launch hype so they estimate it every week or two and then fix it later if necessary. My guess, anyway.

I'm guessing it's easier to figure out the data for PS3 and Wii because of constant sales and more information available. I think it's better to give X360 the sales numbers when we know exactly what they are instead of guessing. The others' numbers aren't inflated, it's just that the X360 numbers are just updated less often is all. Perhaps Wii_gamer or somebody else could explain better.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

eques judicii said: I've been watching this site carefully for a while and I just noticed that the xbox 360's number only get increased when NPD sales numbers come out... I understand that they don't go up that much from Japan, but weekly (if not sometimes daily) increases to the ps3 and wii are common with no update to the xbox 360. What really confuses me is that the sales data for the wii and ps3 continuously increase in the america's category without the xbox360... this makes little sense because the 360 is definitely selling in America... these little increases continue throughout the month and then get an additional boast when the NPD data comes out making their numbers grossly inflated... or... xbox 360's number grossly compromised.
yeah, I've noticed that the PS3 and Wii number will get updated more often then the 360's, but it's cause of Japans weekly updates. The numbers on the front page are rounded to the nearest 10k, the 360 doesn't sell 10k a week, so you won't see a difference week to week unlike the other two.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)