By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guitar Hero Legends of Rock help identifying mono

VGChartz!

Just bought Guitar Hero Legends of Rock (no, not World Tour). But I have a feeling that I somehow got the mono version. I bought the game at a big store but they didn't have it on display and they found one in the back. It didn't even have Dutch or English in the manual/cover. Well anyway I heard that you can identify the stereo version by a star on the disk. I lack this star but I do have the Dobly Logic Sign and on the disc it says RVL-RGHP-EUR 2 MODEL NO. RVL-006. On the internet I only found a example of the american discs (which are different is many regards from the PAL disc) so I was wondering if the PAL version also needs to have this star/ Do I have the Stereo or the Mono version!

It would really suck if I somehow got some old mono copy from the store.

I hope someone has answers. Maybe a link to a site that can identity Mono/Stereo PAL disc differences.

Slash

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Around the Network

bump

I have no idea about packaging or whatever, but you should be able to work out if it's stereo or mono from the sound

If it's mono, both speakers will give exactly the same sound.
If it's stereo, the speakers will sound different.
If you can't tell try to pan it all the way to the left speaker and all the way to the right speaker and see if they're different.

After much searching I found a Q&A from the customers website of Activision (sneaky bastards!)

For anyone who has the same question as me:

Remastered Disc EU/AU:
http://activision.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/GuitarHero3EUremaster.jpg

Remastered Disc USA:
http://activision.custhelp.com/rnt/rnw/img/enduser/Re-Mastered%20Guitar%20Hero%20III%20Wii%20Disc.jpg

Conclusion:
I have the remastered disc:)