By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait. Games of Quarter 1 2009 belongs to?

Spiteful49 said:
K2 will be mediocre at best... no split screen or Coop = not a complete shooter. Thats the best when a friend comes over to play games and has to sit there and wait his turn. Shooters like that are meant to be played with others. Playing only online is not the same as playing in someones living room. That game looked like it could have been a lot more.

SO4 is going to rock... That is all we need to know that the 360 has the better lineup.

Somehow I doubt you'd say the same if the game was on 360. I'm willing to bet your 360 over mine (I wouldn't mind having two) that Killzone 2 will both have a higher Metacritic and better sales then SO4.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
Soriku said:
SO4 > Any other HD game in 2009. 360 wins.

This, unless of course another HD Tales game comes out which is extremely unlikely. And as regards Killzone 2, I STILL don't see what the hype is about. What does it have that other shooters don't?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

RayRay102 said:
Did you read my Post?
I am talking about the exclusive games that will be released From Jan - April og 2009.

While the 360 has some solid games with Star Ocean 4, GTA4 DLC, and Halo Wars; I'm still going to have to disagree. I think that Killzone 2 will be huge. And according to IGN the Agency is Q1 2009 although theres no solid release date so it can't really count.

Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

This, unless of course another HD Tales game comes out which is extremely unlikely. And as regards Killzone 2, I STILL don't see what the hype is about. What does it have that other shooters don't?

Helghast. haha

Also a sweet machine gun with a shotgun secondary function

coolestguyever said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

Helghast. haha

Also a sweet machine gun with a shotgun secondary function

I'm serious. Jericho had a shotgun-machine gun, and many other games did as well. What makes Killzone 2 so big?

I ask this primarily because Killzone 1 was such a pathetic joke that lured me into its so-called "good" gameplay. Plus I keep hearing about how awesome it is, and all I really get is "Well it looks really good"

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

If you can't see then there is no explaining it to you. With your logic, wouldn't every FPS be the same. I guess we should all be playing Timeshift instead of Halo 3. Hey, you can even freeze and reverse time in that game so it's different enough to be the bestest! Right?

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

If you can't see then there is no explaining it to you. With your logic, wouldn't every FPS be the same. I guess we should all be playing Timeshift instead of Halo 3. Hey, you can even freeze and reverse time in that game so it's different enough to be the bestest! Right?

What am I supposed to be looking for?

Shadowblind said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

The amazing graphics, the increadible animations and particle effects, the realistic hit-detect system, the awesome new cover mechanic that never leaves first person, the atmosphere and detail in everything in the game. The fact that everyone said it couldn't be done and GG did it. The fact that it's near impossible to find bad on-hand impressions. The online which allows you to unlock and mix and match classes. Everything is of such high quality. And that is the exact same thing that seperates the first hulk movie from the newest film, the same thing that seperates a mediocre title from a triple A. The same thing that seperates each and every game of each and every genre. Or do you think that all things of simular genres are made equal? It's the quality of everything in a title that seperates it. Do you think Bioshock had been the title it was if it wasn't oozing atmosphere and quality? No. It's the detail, the little things that make up the big picture and seperates the weak from the strong. But what seperates a good game from a bad game to you?

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

The amazing graphics, the increadible animations and particle effects, the realistic hit-detect system, the awesome new cover mechanic that never leaves first person, the atmosphere and detail in everything in the game. The fact that everyone said it couldn't be done and GG did it. The fact that it's near impossible to find bad on-hand impressions. The online which allows you to unlock and mix and match classes. Everything is of such high quality. And that is the exact same thing that seperates the first hulk movie from the newest film, the same thing that seperates a mediocre title from a triple A. The same thing that seperates each and every game of each and every genre. Or do you think that all things of simular genres are made equal? It's the quality of everything in a title that seperates it. Do you think Bioshock had been the title it was if it wasn't oozing atmosphere and quality? No. It's the detail, the little things that make up the big picture and seperates the weak from the strong. But what seperates a good game from a bad game to you?

Realistic hit detection? A cover system? Atmosphere, from the videos that which appears to be one of war? Thats what I'm supposed to be looking at huh...I didn't like Call of Duty 4 or 5, so it appears to me I won't be liking Killzone 2. Call of Duty had all of it; great atmosphere, realistic hit detection (you get shot in the head you die.), war atmosphere, and fantastic graphics for its time. It oozed quality and multiplayer awesomeness, just like the first Killzone was supposed to, and I didn't care. Many people did, they had tons of fun and thus, they bought CoD 5. I'm not one of them.

What seperates a good game to a bad game often times for me is experience. When its a new IP I always look at it with a clear mind. When its the sequel to the worst gaming let down of your life, your going to be cynical about it.

Forgive me for not falling into the same hype that cost me $85 and a crappy experience a while ago. Killzone 1 was hyped to hell as the Halo killer that had finally arrived. And it did nothing.

Shadowblind said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Shadowblind said:
Soriku said:

Realistic hit detection? A cover system? Atmosphere, from the videos that which appears to be one of war? Thats what I'm supposed to be looking at huh...I didn't like Call of Duty 4 or 5, so it appears to me I won't be liking Killzone 2. Call of Duty had all of it; great atmosphere, realistic hit detection (you get shot in the head you die.), war atmosphere, and fantastic graphics for its time. It oozed quality and multiplayer awesomeness, just like the first Killzone was supposed to, and I didn't care. Many people did, they had tons of fun and thus, they bought CoD 5. I'm not one of them.

What seperates a good game to a bad game often times for me is experience. When its a new IP I always look at it with a clear mind. When its the sequel to the worst gaming let down of your life, your going to be cynical about it.

Forgive me for not falling into the same hype that cost me $85 and a crappy experience a while ago. Killzone 1 was hyped to hell as the Halo killer that had finally arrived. And it did nothing.

I think we've found your problem. It's obviously not with the game but the genre. So how could you expect to possibly like a game in which you don't even like the genre. By the way, what do you think makes an experiance? Your way to general in your terms. It's all of the things that it brings to the table and the quality in which it does so. To claim that Killzone 2 doesn't bring a high quality of what it has to offer is pretty stupid or uninformed if you ask me. I don't think this game could impress you no matter what it brings to the table and neither do i think our conversation is going to keep you from saying the game isn't worth the hype every time you get the chance to as I notice you like to do.

PS3 Trophies