By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait. Games of Quarter 1 2009 belongs to?

leo-j said:
I wonder what happened to White knight Chronicles, and since when were Ninja blade, Star Ocean 4, and HALO WARS confirmed for Q1 09?

These appear to be official release dates for Star Ocean, Halo Wars, and Ninja Blade .

http://www.eternalsphere.com/so4/

http://www.andriasang.com/e/articles/2008/11/28/ninja_blade_date_and_soundtrack

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/11/06/halo-wars-release-date-is-january-21-2009-limited-collectors-edition-announced-for-xbox-360.htm

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

New info:

Splinter Cell Conviction (360 exclusive) in Q1 2009.
February 2, 2009
Article

So let review this:
Xbox 360 Exclusive for Q1 2009:

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope
Halo Wars
Ninja Blade
GTA4: The Lost and Damned

Splinter Cell Conviction

Beau...ti... ful...

Did you even read the article??? Even the writter himself didn't sound convinced and the title is Retail Rumour with the writer specifically stating that Ubisoft itself said not to expect the game until after April 2009.

Also Ninja Blade has only been officially confirmed for Japan release which is 29th of Jan, it is likely that it will see a NA/Other release soon after, but if you're talking like that then you can probably count Demon Soul (FROM SOFTWARE's PS3 exclusive) in too as it has a confirm release date of 5th of Feb in Japan.

axumblade said:
Jackson50 said:
leo-j said:
I wonder what happened to White knight Chronicles, and since when were Ninja blade, Star Ocean 4, and HALO WARS confirmed for Q1 09?

These appear to be official release dates for Star Ocean, Halo Wars, and Ninja Blade .

http://www.eternalsphere.com/so4/

http://www.andriasang.com/e/articles/2008/11/28/ninja_blade_date_and_soundtrack

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/11/06/halo-wars-release-date-is-january-21-2009-limited-collectors-edition-announced-for-xbox-360.htm

Aren't all of those US releases? Just curious. If they are then that's cool. I just hope that they actually come out when they're supposed to.

No, Star Ocean's release date regards Japan. Also, since Ninja Blade's official website is available only in Japanese, I would surmise that the release date regards Japan. Halo Wars' release date is for America.

Confirmed Western releases for Q1 2009 are:

PS3:

Killzone 2,
SOCOM (EU only).

360:

Halo Wars,
Star Ocean 4 (US only).

Notes:
- Neither Demon Soul's or Ninja Blade have been dated for the West, and neither has White Knight Story; all three could possibly be release in Q1.
- SOCOM has already released in the US, and SO4 won't be releasing in EU until Q2.

Now can we please stop bickering, children?

axumblade said:Ah. I am losing my ability to type. X_x It was suppsoed to ask if those were US release dates, not if they weren't lol

Haha, it is understandable. Anyways, Star Ocean will release on March 3rd in the US. There has been no information regarding Ninja Blade's release in the US. 

Around the Network
perpride said:
Ronster316 said:

Yup, 360 clearly has the better games for the first quarter of 09, and you just know that microsoft will have a few more tricks up their sleeve for the remainder of the year too.

My CURRENT top 3 most anticipated CONSOLE exclusive games on 360 for 2009.........

1. Alan wake (come on, its from the boys who brought us Max Payne, nuff said)

2. APB (All Points Bulliten) From the creators of Crackdown.... Again nuff said

3. Huxley (MMOFPS, Its gonna be a hit, rest assured)

I also predict that when realtime worlds are done with APB they will start work on Crackdown 2 (360 Exclusive)

No (good) games coming to 360 in 2009? Laughable................. muwahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

You want those games more than Killzone? and Resident Evil 5? and Halo Wars?

Well, i did say on 360 only so that eliminates killzone 2, resident evil 5 is multiplat and im not an RTS fan to be honest hence thats how i came to my conclusion, but yes, im excited about resident evil 5 defo.

Neoraf said:

Don't forget that Resident Evil 5 runs on Unreal Engine3, so the natural choice is Xbox360.

Unreal Engine + PC architecture = natural match.

After all the PS3 bugs and glitch from Unreal Engine 3, I don't take any chance: I always pick UE3 games on my 360 instead of my PS3.

That's never confirmed. Capcom does have the license to use Unreal 3, but it was never announced for which game. I think RE5 will run on Capcom's own Framework engine.

Anyway, doesn't Alan Wake release Q1?

Ronster316 said:

Yup, 360 clearly has the better games for the first quarter of 09, and you just know that microsoft will have a few more tricks up their sleeve for the remainder of the year too.

My CURRENT top 3 most anticipated CONSOLE exclusive games on 360 for 2009.........

1. Alan wake (come on, its from the boys who brought us Max Payne, nuff said)

2. APB (All Points Bulliten) From the creators of Crackdown.... Again nuff said

3. Huxley (MMOFPS, Its gonna be a hit, rest assured)

I also predict that when realtime worlds are done with APB they will start work on Crackdown 2 (360 Exclusive)

No (good) games coming to 360 in 2009? Laughable................. muwahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

Didn't that first statement just totally dismiss in a very biased way about 9 pages of people talking about the good to great games that are coming to the PS3 in the first quarter of next year?  Why are certain people allowed to just make comments like that?

As for the games you mentioned,

1.  Alan Wake was supposed to be out January 2007, and I thnk if it was a good 9.0 and higher review score at IGN game, then it would have been released by now.  Being a Rendition property sure helped the Max Payne movie to be regarded as one of the best of the year didn't it?  No it didn't.  And IGN didn't give either Max Payne I or II a 9 or better.

2.  InFamous is from the creators of Rocket:  Robot on Wheels and Sly Cooper the Thievious Raccoonus.  Four of the best platformers ever and better games than the first Crackdown.  Like Ratchet and Clank and Resistance from Insomniac and the Uncharted series from Naughty Dog, InFamous is destined for greatness.  Yahoo in their E3 2008 review said InFamous made Gears of War 2 and Fable II look tired.  'Nuff said. 

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26489714

3.  Huxley, yeah it will probably be a good game.  On pcs that is.

By the way, I think that after InFamous has a successful launch like Ratchet and Clank Future, Resistance, and Uncharted, InFamous will also have a sequel that is exclusively available on the PS3.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

The thing about the Ureal Engine running better on the 360 than the PS3? What would make one think that? Gears of War is on the 360 and it is not on the PS3, but that doesn't mean Unreal Engine 3 is running better on the 360. It just means that a game that uses the Unreal Engine 3 is available on the 360 and not on PS3.

However, when you look at a game that uses Unreal Engine 3 that is available on both the PS3 and 360 -- Unreal Tournament 3 itself, you see that both IGN and Game Rankings consider the PS3 version to be the best one on consoles.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
vonboy said:
you can quote me on it, but wii's 2009 lineup with kick both 360's and ps3's.

Three words that are going to be on both the 360 and PS3 in 2009 2010 that aren't coming to the Wii:  Final Fantasy XIII 'nuff said.

Fixed it for you. There's no chance in hell that FF13 will see a release outside Japan in 2009. Wii's 2009 JRPG line-up really is the best of all consoles so far with Arc Rise, Valhalla Knights, Kizuna, Muramasa and maybe Tales and Monster Hunter.