By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wait. Games of Quarter 1 2009 belongs to?

Aldro said:
Um i dont know anything but if this happends =

360 :
Star ocean 4 ( Wtf is that... im not gettin it o.o )
Halo Wars ( No offence i hate strategies a reason i didnt get valkyira .. )
Alan wake ( Uhmmm sure ill try it on PC .. )
Ninja Blade ( ummmmmmmmmm okay? havent really seen anything from it )
GTA4 DLC ( Lmao i borrowed my friends GTA[on ps3] after 2 weeks it really sucked.. it wasnt fun anymore i played vice city instead lol ).

PS3:
Killzone 2 ( Im gonna get that )
WKC (Is that coming so soon!? Ill get it.. )
Infamous ( Im dieing for this game! XD Looks awesome got dissapointed in spiderman 3 hopefully this makes it up! )
Yakuza 3 ( That looks fun but nothing im getting )
SOCOM ( Dude im pissed i want this game im in sweden GIVE IT ALREADY! )
Demon Soul ( Uhmmm okay?? )

So far this is what it looks to me lol once again I DONT KNOW ANYTHING i just read some random pages and added stuffs ppl said. I dont even know if any of these are beeing released Q1 XD. But either way for me :
K2-Infamous-SOCOM-WKC > Star ocean 4-Halo wars-Alan wake-Ninja blade-DLC lol.

This is probably becuse i never heard of Star ocean + Ninja blade + after 2 weeks i hated GTA 4 + I hate strategies. Alan wake is probably the only thing ill be trying out and thats on PC .. Probably gonna be called fanboy XD but ive heard alot more of infamous SOCOM WKC and K2. SOCOM im a fan of it, Infamous ive been looking forward to it since E3, WKC i heard here and it looks alot fun, KZ2... its KILLZONE and it looks sick.

But tbh since i only know a PS3 i havent actually LOOKED for the 360 stuff. So imo both are getting good games ( Once again if these are beeing released Q1 )..

The original post was about Q1 2009.

I doubt Alan Wake will be in the first quarter.  Microsoft has lots of exclusive content and really don't need Alan Wake in Q1.

Don't forget 360 is getting exclusive Fallout 3 DLC in first quarter (if you remember the Oblivion expansions were significant) as well and Race Pro which is from SimBin (Know for the most realistic racing games) and exclusive Stoked, snowboarding (Probably not AAA but there are a lot of Snowboard fans who will buy it).

WKC, Yakuza 3, Demon Soul still don't have release dates in Q1 so they would have to be held back in some secret shroud which doesn't make sense given that they want people to pre-order so they can judge how many to ship.  Further, I doubt Square Enix would release Star Ocean IV the same quarter as WKC so that further discredits a Q1 release for WKC.

Socom is already out in NA.  It didn't do so hot...

Infamous is set for May release according to GameStop so it is out of Q1...

So its really Halo Wars, Star Ocean IV, Ninja Blade, Race Pro, Stoked, Fallout 3 DLC, and GTA IV DLC in Q1

vs.

Killzone 2 in Q1.

If you are a FPS only fan, KZ2 is the obvious choice.  But, lets be clear, KZ is not a proven AAA FPS franchise.  Remember, it was originally a "Halo Killer".  The developers are not known for AAA games.

If you like other genres as well, or you are in Japan, 360 looks like it will have a wider range of A - AAA releases (although most are unproven on consoles or in the marketplace). 

Will KZ2 rate the highest, quite possible.  Does 360 provide the best range of gaming in Q1 definately. 

Will Japan choose Ninja Blade and Star Ocean IV over Killzone 2?  Probably.

Around the Network

PS3's lineup is the weakest by far regarding exclusives, but they also have excellent multi-plats coming which destroy anything on the wii. 360's first quarter is the best among the three, considering that 360 almost always has the best multi-plat version, and their exclusives shit all over ps3's.

Some games i will buy

SO 4 (360)

Resident Evil 5 (360)

Street Fighter IV (360)

King of Fighters XII (360)

Bionic Commando (360)

Alan Wake (360)

"I have heard the Sony Fanboys claiming that their lineup is going to destroy the 360 in 2009 and that Microsoft have no games left.

Well, I just peeked through the list of comfirmed release from Jan - April of 2009 and the 360 totally kicked the PS3."

The irony. I'm glad that Microsoft fanboys are so well-behaved and reasonable.

In tems of games I'm interested in, it's Killzone 2 and SOCOM: Confrontation vs Halo Wars.

Belongs to the ps3:

- killzone 2
- yakuza 3
- FFXIII demo
- Infamous

I dont know about anybody else but im not even hyped up for the GtaIV dlc, the game was done an dusted ages ago for me.

Around the Network

"I was so blindsided by SO4 that I forgot that the Wii Q1 lineup pretty much wrecks the PS3 and 360 lineup (sans SO4). There's a few more games that can go on there, including House of the Dead: Overkill, FFCC, Sonic, Fatal Frame IV, Dead Rising, Mario Tennis/Pikmin/DK Jungle Beat (Play on Wii), and if we're counting imports...Fragile & Trace Memory R. There's also the possibility of Sin & Punishment 2."

I don't think any Wii games in the first quarter of '09 will get higher than an 8.0 from IGN.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

you can quote me on it, but wii's 2009 lineup with kick both 360's and ps3's.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

vonboy said:
you can quote me on it, but wii's 2009 lineup with kick both 360's and ps3's.

Three words that are going to be on both the 360 and PS3 in 2009 that aren't coming to the Wii:  Final Fantasy XIII 'nuff said.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

BTFeather55 said:
"I was so blindsided by SO4 that I forgot that the Wii Q1 lineup pretty much wrecks the PS3 and 360 lineup (sans SO4). There's a few more games that can go on there, including House of the Dead: Overkill, FFCC, Sonic, Fatal Frame IV, Dead Rising, Mario Tennis/Pikmin/DK Jungle Beat (Play on Wii), and if we're counting imports...Fragile & Trace Memory R. There's also the possibility of Sin & Punishment 2."

I don't think any Wii games in the first quarter of '09 will get higher than an 8.0 from IGN.

That's a nice and all, but that doesn't change that the Wii has a better lineup.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Soriku said:
Stats87 said:
Soriku said:
SO4 > Any other HD game in 2009. 360 wins.

are we talking about release worldwide? or can it hit anywhere? (i.e. Japan)

because if only the latter matters, I'm predicting FFXIII will be better.

WW. The game has no chance of coming over until 2010 so Westerners like us can't necessarily argue which is best because it won't release here =/ On the other hand, SO4 comes in 3-4 months. Tbh in 2009 the HD consoles are pathrtic JRPG wise. Maybe not in quality, but quantity. WW the 360 only has SO4 and WW the PS3 only has WKC. Thanfully for a Wii owner like myself, it has Fragile, Tales (WW release please? D:), Arc Rise, Muramasa, Kizuna, Rune Factory, etc. :P

Sorry Soriku

but FFXIII demo >>>> SO4 + all Wii JRPG's x100!!!!

Yeah...how about no.

no.....how about yes

Will it be released WW? Nah, didn't think so. Therefore it's not even worth mentioning.

That does matter with the PS3 being that we can import away with no consequence.

And Soriku, ARF looks nice but is made by Image Epoch. My hopes are too high.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.