By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Vertical = bad???

Diagonal = bad imo.

Around the Network

I keep mine horizontal. Had it vertical a few times b4 though.

4 ≈ One

drkohler said:
nordlead said:
sethnintendo said:

Like I said, I read it somewhere and it makes sense to me that the forces on the motor are uneaven while in a verticle state.

Also, don't mock me, as I'm not an idiot, only reporting what I read.

ok..if you are a Computer Science PhD as stated in your profile, shouldn't you have passed some basic physics and electronics classes? Basic physics would have told you that what you read is nonsense, at least, as a scientist, it should have made you suspicious.. I'm just wondering, nothing else.

Yes, I took basic physics, 1 class 7 years ago. It sounds plausible to cause extra wear on a crappy drive, but not a OMG your going to break your system. I didn't pass it on as 100% fact and stated I didn't remember it exactly, just that I had read it, with no real proof to back it up.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

vertical works fine for me, also i like it more anyways.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Like nordlead i've also heard it is harder on a drive to be vertical. A quick search on google seems to confirm it. Most devices are manufactured to handle this. But then again still best to keep something in good condition. I don't like having consoles vertical purely because you then open them up to the chance of being knocked over, why risk it?

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.