By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Days of Just Assuming that the Wii Version is Inferior are OVER!

I think that when someone actually does do a good Wii game it is a surprise... those high scores for SW snowboarding are almost completely due to the fact that you can use the wii fit as a snow board

Around the Network
Grampy said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
Wow, you've found 3 games that had higher score. Just 3? How many games scored higher on the HD consoles. I'm just guessing, but I'll bet it is considerably more than 3.

OH WOW, you F**KING RECKON. Read the OP and if you still don't understand the point of the post, please ask. I'll try to explain in simpler terms.

OK, explain it to them like they are three year olds;)

Seriously guys (random letter guy and Jo21 in particular), you either didn't read the opening post, didn't understand it or shouldn't use big terms like "cherry picking", if you don't understand what they actually mean.

In the gameplay vs. graphics argument, most reviewers seem to come down on the side of graphics. That automatic deduct for the Wii means it will almost always get lower scores.

Sometimes this is warranted. But when reviewers decide to knock the Wii because it can't go widescreen (when widescreen is not germane to the situation), then there is a problem with the review system.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

This was a complete waste of time.

You listed 5 reviewers. Then, you don't even explain what the hell those numbers mean, and follow up by comparing 5 games. One being GH:wii, which I'm not even sure I understand how the versions are different except for the score.

I just wanted to comment on the title of this thread too.

When I read it, I thought it meant:

"Now you can be absolutely sure that the wii version is inferior"

:P lol it was pretty funny.

Around the Network

O rly now? well like some guy on here i cant remember just said, in the end the official scores by the so called "Big boys" dont matter to much.

mike_intellivision said:
In the gameplay vs. graphics argument, most reviewers seem to come down on the side of graphics. That automatic deduct for the Wii means it will almost always get lower scores.

Sometimes this is warranted. But when reviewers decide to knock the Wii because it can't go widescreen (when widescreen is not germane to the situation), then there is a problem with the review system.

Mike from Morgantown

Uh, mike, the Wii can definitely go widescreen. it also has progressive scan :)

Widescreen should be standard. After all people have become used to black borders on dvd movies for a decade why not games too.

Ive got an SD widescreen, it should be standard and its the reason why i wont get Trauma centre 1 or that Rygar.

Graphics are a natural inbuilt bias in reviews, its obvious.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I see everyone bitching about Guitar Hero World Tour on Wii getting better scores, well here's the reason, the Wii version like it or not has more modes then the PS3 and 360 versions as well as having all the songs, online, and DLC. Plus like Guitar Hero 3 it has rumble and speaker support on the guitars which all together puts it as a better effort on Wii.

Also to anyone posting in this thread without reading/understanding the OP, what's the point in posting people? I mean read what the OP says, it's talking about examples of where the Wii version is not significantly lower in score vs other versions. Which is happening third parties are finally getting an handle on how to take advantage of the Wii much like the first couple of years of 360 really didn't offer much and taking advantage of it's hardware, I mean look at how CoD3, Perfect Dark Zero, and a few other first year titles then look at things like Gears 2... it's night and day... So people bitching and whining need to get over yourselves and you're only pissed off because you don't have the "but multiplat games suck on Wii and scores show it" statement to hide behind and troll on the Wii.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

theprof00 said:
This was a complete waste of time.

You listed 5 reviewers. Then, you don't even explain what the hell those numbers mean, and follow up by comparing 5 games. One being GH:wii, which I'm not even sure I understand how the versions are different except for the score.

Sorry to waste your valuble time. I thought it was clear that the scores were all from metacritic which rationalizes all scores to a 100 point scale. If that was in any way unclear, I apologize.

I can't really apologize for the title. I can not figure any possible way for it to be misunderstood.