By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Within the next few months, Wii Sports will be the best selling game ever

Sorry Zucas, New Super Mario Bros was bundled as of the most recent vgchartz figures :P

That said, removing the sales numbers from bundles, Nintendogs would still be ahead of GTA:SA, and NSMB would get there eventually

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Yes it will become the best selling game.

Now for other comparisons I like to compare the best selling game void of multi game and bundled games. And in this case, a Wii game is once again about to take the crown:

1. GTA: San Andreas PS2- 17.50
2. Wii Play- 17.03
3. New Super Mario Bros.- 16.55

So actually its two things about to get dethroned. The actual best selling game ever and then the "other" best selling game ever. And its even got a friend ready to put GTA in 3rd place haha.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it comes with a Wii-mote THAT'S CHEATING!

*cries

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
scottie said:
Sorry Zucas, New Super Mario Bros was bundled as of the most recent vgchartz figures :P

That said, removing the sales numbers from bundles, Nintendogs would still be ahead of GTA:SA, and NSMB would get there eventually

Well if they want to bitch over that then they can kiss my ass.  They are jsut trying to find excuses for it not to be dethroned but it will.  I mean its not like you say Nintendo fans bitch when Super Mario Bros. 3 got dethroned earlier this year.  They can just be so whiny. 

But yea I guess a lot of people do still include multi games so Nintendogs is still over that.

scottie said:

But then they would have to beat Pokemon Blue/Red, which probably ticked in around 25M without bundles.

Even if you discount Pokemon Blue/Red, you still have to take into account the real best selling non-bundled, none multiple versions game.

Super Mario Land - Gameboy - 18.14M

They might beat that too.

However, I would say Wii Fit should easily fly by all of those titles (save for Wii Play, and possibly Pokemon Blue/Red if you count that one), and MKWii should also beat GTA:SA, and probably SML too.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

thekitchensink said:
Zucas said:
Yes it will become the best selling game.

Now for other comparisons I like to compare the best selling game void of multi game and bundled games. And in this case, a Wii game is once again about to take the crown:

1. GTA: San Andreas PS2- 17.50
2. Wii Play- 17.03
3. New Super Mario Bros.- 16.55

So actually its two things about to get dethroned. The actual best selling game ever and then the "other" best selling game ever. And its even got a friend ready to put GTA in 3rd place haha.

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it comes with a Wii-mote THAT'S CHEATING!

*cries

Hardly haha.  All they do is whine about it being bundled with something.  I mean they just need to get over it.  I mean I actually bought the thing for the game.  Paid $25 for it used at Gamestop.  Some say oh that's a ripoff but hey game's awesome.

Around the Network

Wii Sports will soon pass the best selling game of all time and this game will continue to break records even when WiiSportsResort is released.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

@zucas

Pokemon REd/Blue = 32 Million!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nintendogs is the best selling unbundled. also from nintendo!

@gorgory

for the last time

POKEMON RED/BLUE -- 32 MILLION!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nothing to be celebrated here

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.