By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Nintendo minute, clears up Reggie's "third parties don't get it" quote

This Denise is just a flat-out tease! She just danced playful circles around Matt and his questions.

I know better than to expect open information out of Nintendo by now, so it's nice to have PR which is amusing, at least.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I think theres Wii's secret weapon that will make PS360 bites the dust. Theyre always answer these questions casually right now like theyre just react like this ":) cute. So whats the another question?"

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
I think theres Wii's secret weapon that will make PS360 bites the dust. Theyre always answer these questions casually right now like theyre just react like this ":) cute. So whats the another question?"

I think so to, it's called Wii Sports...

Im posting about the topic BTW, Wii Sports why Wii sells is OLD. 40 million Wii will be sold so far because of Wii Sports and Wii Fit isnt a good reason anymore, Wii sells because first and third party software also sells is more valid reason and I think Nintendo definitely have secret weapon in 2009. If Wii still sell because of Wii Sports and Wii Fit then the sales of Wii will be plumitting. Besides, Wii bowling was EASY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5Wv6gdGA4

so as Wii Tennis and other games in Wii Sports. I think even casual gamers could figured it now.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

@ yushire, i reckoning the 'secret weapon' is motion+ and the games that utilise it, eg. sports resot and whatever else they ahve in development.

oh and btw i am happy with punchout and S&P2. ill probably buy sin and punishment 2 (hopes for co-op) but i was asking about nintendo amde games. next level is making punchout and treasure is making S&P2. we know basically nothing about Nintendo EAD developed games

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

2009 will shut a few fanboys up for a while and be a time of banning... cause you can't take the troll out of a troll just because their argument doesn't work anymore, they'll still be the fanboy trolls that say Wii has no 3rd party support even when Wii has things like House of the Dead, The Conduit, Dead Rising, and Deadly Creatures. And will say there's no good 1st party support when there's going to be things like Sin and Punishment 2, Punch Out, and most likely both Fatal Frame 4 and Disaster Day of Crisis.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

RolStoppable said:
woopah said:
@ yushire, i reckoning the 'secret weapon' is motion+ and the games that utilise it, eg. sports resot and whatever else they ahve in development.

oh and btw i am happy with punchout and S&P2. ill probably buy sin and punishment 2 (hopes for co-op) but i was asking about nintendo amde games. next level is making punchout and treasure is making S&P2. we know basically nothing about Nintendo EAD developed games

The people of Nintendo EAD don't work on any games as long as the Wii is still selling so well, according to trestres.

Ahh trestres... the man that claimed that said the director of the Zelda teams was wrong about there being 2 different teams that work on two titles at a time... and then cited wikipedia to prove it... THE FUCKING DIRECTOR OF THE ZELDA T-E-A-M-S!!! 

...Now why was he banned again?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

RolStoppable said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
RolStoppable said:

The people of Nintendo EAD don't work on any games as long as the Wii is still selling so well, according to trestres.

Ahh trestres... the man that claimed that said the director of the Zelda teams was wrong about there being 2 different teams that work on two titles at a time... and then cited wikipedia to prove it... THE FUCKING DIRECTOR OF THE ZELDA T-E-A-M-S!!! 

...Now why was he banned again?

Because it was very much needed.

We all know the answer you didn't need to state it =P

But another quote from the oh mighty tres, "Nintendo will not release any first party titles other then Wii Sports resort and gamecube remakes for all of 2009" now that's a winner if I ever did see one!

@ rol i was gunna make a trestres related joke but too be honest ive done that too much

@ maxwell. i think you underestinmate the power of fanboys and whiners. look at the nintnedo conference they showed in game footage of a much demanded sequel of an old franachise, an unexpected niche core franchsie sequel, and then a variety of sequels and new IPs for core gamers. oh and some awesome monster hunter tri footage for good measure

and yet people still believe nintendo has abandonned the core

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Nintendo has disappointed me this "Gen" I've been sadly enjoying cooking mama since 2007 thats the only game for that platform.

Good interview, she should talk more often and Nintendo should probably stream line her for non-video marketing as she seems a natural on paper.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D