By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A great idea for kirby.

Pull it out of 2D, push it into 3d. I would love to see Kirby be played like a game a la Mario 64.

It would be awesome to fly around as kirby in the game world and suck up the baddies just like the classics to gain there power. I would love to see everything from kirby's superstar in there and then some.

I havn't seen a thread like this posted around so if i was a bit late on the idea...sorry >.>

And im not talking crystal shards....i mean full 3d platformer not a side scroller.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I think that would be pretty cool too, but it's also a big step to take. I honestly don't think it'll happen, even though I'd like it.

Its a good idea and no doubt at some stage it will happen. There was a 3D Kirby game rumored for Wii (as well as a trailer) back in 2006 I believe . I would rather Kirby (like Donkey Kong) stayed in 2D to be honest.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

donkey kong lost its magic with the 64 version....however i think they can actually pull it off with kirby.

Whoa, you think? I thought DK 64 was great.

Around the Network

I thought DK64 was a good game, not a great game though. I think it lost the touch of the others. Theres a reason i have all of the donkey kong soundtracks on my psp except the 64...

I would love to see a full-control 3d Kirby game. I'd still want it to be a point A to point B game though as the main objective. I wouldn't want it to have like 7 objectives within a world or something to that effect.

Hmm, or maybe a Yoshi's Story style Kirby game.

Yeah, I have thought of that. Make it like sonic jam set up, with things to collect and bonuses with... 100 of something to collect in each level. Also, different powers allow you to go to different areas.

BTW, Kirby Air ride is my favoirte kirby game. Then Nightmare in dreamland, then canvas curse. I would prefer if kirby tried all different things.

Hal Laboratory has never made an exceptionally good 3-D game.  Sure they developed games like Pokemon Snap, Smash Bros. and Pokemon Stadium 1/2 but they weren't really 3D(one being mostly a slideshow of an exchanges of attacks, one being an onrails "shooter", and one being a 2D fighter.).  I really don't think Kirby would translate well in 3D, especially after playing Air Ride.  Imagine being able to infinitily fly up a 3D level.. or having 2 enemies coming up at you at once and unintentionally inhaling both.  That alone would make the game incredibly broken.  Also imagine exhaling a star in a fully 3D world,  I can imagine alot of misses.  Case and point, Kirby started 2D and should end 2D or 2Dish.

Pixel Art can be fun.