By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts get Haze-ed?

Whilst it may be a good game, it's not selling as well as the old banjo's because it's not as good as them. I'm sorry, Rare lost so many devs when they went over to MS that they just aren't capable of making games like they used to

Around the Network
scottie said:
Whilst it may be a good game, it's not selling as well as the old banjo's because it's not as good as them. I'm sorry, Rare lost so many devs when they went over to MS that they just aren't capable of making games like they used to

Except it's made by the original Banjo team. Play the game, then talk. Everyone in this topic who has actually played it has said nothing but praise.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Banjo wasn't hyped to be the must have exclusive like Haze and the reviews didn't bomb like Haze did.

Well it obviously didn't open up similar to that of its predecessors which is the power of the Nintendo brand by the way. Much more powerful than anything else out there in the game industry. But can't call it a flop just yet. I'm sure this will sell decently over time and if it doesn't MS will just bundle it like they do with most of their casual games to get them to sell. It will more than likely make a million sometime in 2009 unless it just drastically drops off from the holidays.

I think the main problem is that the main userbase to this was the core Nintendo base who more than likely didn't buy into this "NEW" Banjo. I know I sure as hell didn't. So that definitely hurt its openers considering the base of that of the 360 is not necessarily akin with the brand yet. And htne of course we have the Banjo brand not being tied to the Xbox brand which hurts its mainstream appeal to a large extent.

So really this title needs to come out of the holidays at a steady pace and settle in a 10k-20k range. But if it doesnt' do that then there isn't much hope for it. If that does happen the good question is why? Well probably the brand not being tied to Xbox brand, blinded by the brightness of other big releases such as Gears 2 and COD5, and general lack of hype for the title whether due to MS throwing it out there without much marketing or simple gamer disappointment from the beginning.

But I still personally think it'll leg it out to over a million but more than likely it might lead to Rare shelving the brand for awhile.

Infamous said:
scottie said:

Except it's made by the original Banjo team. Play the game, then talk. Everyone in this topic who has actually played it has said nothing but praise.

i cant belive how much you are attacking everyone in this thread. It rated 79. Clearly there is something wrong with the game!

and, in your first post you said 'fail' at the OP. Yes your opinion is cleary different (and more bias probably) then the first poster, but by the way you sound its like the OP said some crazy, absurd stupid thing.

When a game, whos franchise has sold over 5 million in its previous two installments, sells only 200k in the first three weeks of sales you cannot in your right mind claim it to be a success. Its just plain stupid. Sure, it may have great legs or whatever, and it may not. But at this stage it isnt doing very well

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

ROFLOL...Banjoe was a cute game that was diversifying the 360 based...unlike Haze, which was propped up to be a Halo killer.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

it was hyped.

many people pointed it like one of the million seller xbox360 exclusives.

hell they even sell it for 39.99$.

even so i don't think it was hazed, haze sold abit more over time.

it should easily cross 750k units over time... not a hit but shd recover its money

ill give it a shot once it hits the bargain bin

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Said it once, will say it again, unless your game has Mario in the title, or at least on the Wii, don't expect any platform game to do great numbers. Ratchet & Clank didn't do it last year and Banjo & Kazooie isn't going to do it this year.

I'm just saying...

@RPGJock

yup same goes for sonic unleashed.. but thats probably because it has got such mixed reviews..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business