By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

dtewi said:
For one million dollars, here is your 5th Grade Math Question.

Please factor the cubic equation 3x^3 + 7x^2 - 5x - 6 = 0 into a trinomial and graph it on a Cartesian Coordinate System.

I didn't factor until Tenth grade. 

But the answer would be:

Fuck if I know.

Around the Network

Yes. 3.14159 is very good :)

DMeisterJ said:
 dtewi said:

Please factor the cubic equation 3x^3 + 7x^2 - 5x - 6 = 0 into a trinomial and graph it on a Cartesian Coordinate System.

I didn't factor until Tenth grade. 

But the answer would be:

Fuck if I know.

(3x^3)(7x^2)(5x-6)=0

(18x)(49x)(5x-6)

4410, -6

long way up, negative slope

dtewi said:

If I were asked that, I'd stand up, walk over to the host, and punch him in the eye.

That is not grade 5, no matter how you look at it.

Well, So far the Superintendent of 1 school went all the way and won $1m. I watched it and it was pretty impressive, as she refused to quit cause she didn't want her students to ever drop out of school.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Well, in a way, some of the show is "Do you know more than what 50 smart 5th graders know, who are all insanely interested in 1 subject"

I used to know a lot about geography. I mean A LOT.

When I was 7 or so years old, I knew the flags of over 175 countries, I could list every state in U.S.A and place them on a map. Same for Europe. I could also list the capitals of almost all the countries in the world.

I was also really, really into dinosaurs, and knew at least 50 and all kinds of notes about them and such.

Today? Not even close. My knowledge is a lot wider now, but not even close to as good on specific places.

I now know less than 20 dinosaurs with all facts and such, and I doubt i know the flags of more than 100 countries. No way I could list all the states in U.S.A, and I have no clue about the population in them.

So, if you took geography/pantheology, a 1st grader (as in, me as a 1st grader) would crush me completely.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I knew all that stuff, except for the Iowa state question, I barely even knew Iowa was a state.

^_^

Dallinor said:
The show was originally entitled:

Are you smarter then our program writer who pays no attention to current syllabus in the educational system when making up ridiculous questions, the answers of which he slips on to the 5th graders in question?

They had marketing problems though, I heard.

I can't imagine why XD

Alot of these questions are above the level of 8th graders....

4 ≈ One