By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How long until WiiFit outsells other popular games.

Data for 5/8/09 can be found here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2176667

Around the Network

Nice nice :)

I like continious updates of numbers that puts things into context. Keep it up :)

This is invisible text!

It's hilarious how you threw the PS3 in with all those games. It's probably obvious, but I'll point out that consoles don't exactly follow the same sales pattern that games do. I wouldn't call it impossible for Wii Fit to overtake it, but it sounds unlikely.

Still, the rate at which it's selling is scary. When will it slow down in sales?

Interesting, keep it going.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

c0rd said:

It's hilarious how you threw the PS3 in with all those games. It's probably obvious, but I'll point out that consoles don't exactly follow the same sales pattern that games do. I wouldn't call it impossible for Wii Fit to overtake it, but it sounds unlikely.

Still, the rate at which it's selling is scary. When will it slow down in sales?

I would usually agree with you, but WiiFit is an exception to this rule.  It sells more like a console (more like the Wii to be exact).  Have you ever know a game to sell out for weeks on end, let alone months on end?

The idea for this thread was born when WiiFit outsolde the PS3 in Japan.  And I actually put he data togather once it outsold MarioKart Wii.  Something even I didn't think could happen.

Around the Network

I like the thread.

You could track it against everything above it in the million sellers list to be complete. You could remove the games from the list that it passes. There are about 20 games above it, so if that is too much work I would understand.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I like the thread.

You could track it against everything above it in the million sellers list to be complete. You could remove the games from the list that it passes. There are about 20 games above it, so if that is too much work I would understand.

Actually this is a good idea.  I will work on it tonight.  Because most of these are no longer charting, it is easier to compare their data.

JHawkNH said:
c0rd said:

I would usually agree with you, but WiiFit is an exception to this rule.  It sells more like a console (more like the Wii to be exact).  Have you ever know a game to sell out for weeks on end, let alone months on end?

The idea for this thread was born when WiiFit outsolde the PS3 in Japan.  And I actually put he data togather once it outsold MarioKart Wii.  Something even I didn't think could happen.

There have been games with monstrous legs before, let's see...

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Japan&game1=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&reg2=Japan&game2=Pokemon+Red+%2F+Green+%2F+Blue+-+GB&reg3=America&game3=Wii+Fit+-+Wii&weeks=110&weekly=1

Notice how Pokemon finally slows down after week 100? Yeah, take that!
... Okay, maybe it doesn't help my argument much. I honestly don't know what to think of it. I blame Wii Fit.

Seriously though, for Sony fanboys' sake, let the PS3 float above Wii Fit! They've suffered enough!

awesome list. i gotta say i don't think it'll ever top nintendogs, wiiplay, or ps3. but i would love to see it take out the whole list! and hopefully mario kart wii won't trail too far behind.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Awesome thread. It will be something else if it can end up outselling PS3.