By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Still no release date for HOME?

Do you really expect a release date in 2008?

I see a release in march 2009 with Killzone 2 and a price cut...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

were you been last month?

everybody it's getting in!.

how can i get it?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Are you serious? It's at 1.0, seriously, they'll release it within two weeks, believe me.

I'm in the beta, I would know. There isn't much more that they can add.

EDIT: Killzone 2 comes out in February, and Sony have openly denied that price cut, although it doesn't mean much. Nothing says "Buy our $400 console!" like "Our console will be $300 in three months!"

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Jo21 said:
were you been last month?

everybody it's getting in!.

It's the beta yet, right?

I think it would be strange to announce a release date less than one month before the date, but after all Sony already did a bunch of strange things this gen.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Are you serious? It's at 1.0, seriously, they'll release it within two weeks, believe me.

I'm in the beta, I would know. There isn't much more that they can add.

EDIT: Killzone 2 comes out in February, and Sony have openly denied that price cut, although it doesn't mean much. Nothing says "Buy our $400 console!" like "Our console will be $300 in three months!"

I'm serious... I guess...

The software being 1.0 and the beta looking ok doesn't mean that hardware wise (the servers) it's ok. It could take Sony an extra bunch of time to deploy the massive servers that HOME will need...

About the price cut and killzone 2, here in France Killzone will be released 27th of February which is pretty much March, and till 17th of January if you buy a PS3 you get a 50€ refund from Sony, so I guess a 50€ price cut in March is something we could see.
(But people, just buy a PS3, 400€ or 350€ it's definitely twice worth it)

actually they were testing server load some days ago, and it went okay.

actually they send more invites.

most of my psn friends are in home already, many of them got them a while after downloading the home theme.

we got a message today saying to grab all of the items in the mall really quick because they're free for beta testers however once its released they will be premium. I beleive the games right around the corner.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

either December 15th or 29th expect an announcement around VGA

What's VGA?

I'm definitely downloading the home theme to see if I can get an invite.