By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto is irrelevent

heres some posts i founf on neogaf

Miyamoto is becoming increasingly irrelevant. I don't think there's much left in him but gimmicks and curiosities these days.
He has been irrelevant for years. The man hasn't directed a game since back on the N64.
I think that Miyamoto is starting to become irrelevent. He's mostly a PR piece these days.
and this the list goes on. i knew neogaf wasnt the most itellegent of forums but WOW this is unbelieveable. Thats like me saying Kojima is irrelevent.
the rest of the thread goes on about how miyamotot is just going casual to get loads of money and how hes just a fugurehead and wasnt actually involved in mario galaxy. oh and apparently wii fit is terrible as well

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

tl;dr

Blasphemy.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Explain yourself.

hahahahahaha.

10 Million+ sellers Wii Fit and Nintendogs say hello.

Around the Network

Awesome! And you even gave examples to back you up!

Seriously, Shigeru Miyamoto gave us:
-Mario Galaxy
-Zelda
-Wii Fit (sales seem to indicate that it's somewhat popular ) seems reviewers are finding Shaun White on Wii to be the best because it implements Balance Board control--hmmm, irrelevant though...
-Wii Music, which ACTUAL musicians are praising, unlike Guitar Hero and Rock Band

And he's got who knows how many more projects in the works.

Seriously, I know you're a Nintendo fan, and I rarely ever say this so bluntly to anyone, but here it is: You're wrong.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I refuse to believe it. Utter hogwash.

Why, woopah? =[

Joke thread?

Or maybe he's just becoming irrelevant to you as he's the biggest figure in the industry today. Whatever Nintendo is paying him; it's not enough.

for some reason only the first sentance of my thread was posted:S

its fixed now

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

RolStoppable said:
polezo said:
hahahahahaha.

10 Million+ sellers Wii Fit and Nintendogs say hello.

Both "games" are gimmicky curiosities. You are only proving the OP's point.

Gimmicky is one word you could call them; i would prefer to call them revolutionary. 

As to being a curiosity, things do sometimes sell well because people are curious about them; but when they sell 10million + well, you can't deny that a fair amount of people must think its a good product.