By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Martian Panic announced for the Wii, another AAA game for 2009

Martian overlord provokes interplanetary choas as Empire Interactive announces Martian Panic for Wii

London, UK – 4th December 2008 Attention Citizens of Earth: commence panicking and prepare for the ultimate inter-galactic battle. Empire Interactive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings (NASDAQ: SSTR), today announced Martian Panic for Wii™ is currently under development. The Martian Invasion Force has targeted Earth for complete destruction and players will need more than manpower and firepower to avoid mission defeat. The Martian Mothership looms overhead, draining energy from the Earth’s core. Humans must save Earth from the extraterrestrial encounter before the Invasion Force vaporizes our planet. Martian Panic is due for release in the first half of 2009.

Graphically, Martian Panic is a 1950’s comic book come to life in a three-dimensional sci-fi game world,” said James Spice, VP Marketing, Empire Interactive. “Fans of all ages will appreciate the amazing visual details and the family-friendly, nonstop action.”

More screens after the jump…

Developed by N-Fusion Interactive Entertainment Corp., Martian Panic will take the shooting genre out of this world, with new levels of strategy, and experimental weaponry. If one gun at a time isn’t enough, players can grab a second Wii Remote™ and blast away in the game’s dual wielding mode. Up to four players can battle simultaneously against the Martian onslaught and the advanced camera system ensures that the gamer’s vantage is always right. The rules are simple but the action is intense, so hold onto your helmet as the challenges escalate.

Title: Martian Panic
Genre: Shooter
Format: Wii™
Release Date: 2009
Publisher: Empire Interactive
Developer: N-Fusion Interactive Entertainment Corp.

GamesPress

They say the game has amazing 3d visuals, but they forgot to add "for a PSX game".
Dont let these images deceive you, watch them full size, you will cry in agony.

Damn, the Wii support seems to be getting better and better!! Martian Panic, Ski and Shoot, Nascar Kart Racing, what else could we ask for??

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

damn you're obsessive.

Lol, at first I was gonna say WTF? after looking at the pics and "AAA" title. But wow, this is....hmm. Why did you even post this? It seems just like another wiiware title.....

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Oh Trestres, will you never give up?

This is already getting boring.

Around the Network

Sounds like there will be a lot of quality wii titles coming up. Nice for wii owners.

You're going to give yourself an aneurism.

If this is priced right, it could be fun.

Not everything has to be SMG.

But some people don't realize this.

Which makes me wonder why they obsess about every game that they don't see as "AAA" coming out.

It was the same for the PS2. There was a lot of drek for that system too.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Can i have your attention please?

STFU already!

Thanks.

Looks almost as good as Fat Princess, or whatever it's called.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger