By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony:we are 300,000 units ahead of X360 in Europe

scottie said:
He also says that the PS3 is tracking where the PS2 was. So lets not put too much faith in what he says

True. Even worse, the PS2 was selling in only Japan for 7 months, while the PS3 was released in Japan/America at the same time and around 4 months later for Others. Just goes to show how Sony is no longer dominant.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
SpartanFX said:

“No we are not going to go down in price; neither are we going to go down in price on PS3 in spring time either. Absolutely not, whatever you might have heard to the contrary,”.

He's a liar. Sony will drop the price in the spring.

I'm not too sure about that...

“Our strategy is very much value added.”

probably expect to see more and better bundles

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

This lead will vanish into chickens.

Kenology said:
With this, Sony just confirmed that they will be surpassed by the 360 in only 2 to 3 weeks.

Yup.

The next Sony PR statement will be how the PS3 is still ahead in mainland Europe. Ignoring the 1M 360 lead in the UK.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

PhalanxCO said:
TheSource said:

Guys Sony and Microsoft aren't contradicting each other. Here is how they define regions in this generation:

Sony:

PAL: Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia outside Japan

Japan: Japan

Microsoft:

EMEA: Europe, Middle East, Africa (they specifically referred to it as EMEA)

Asia: Japan + small markets in Asia (Korea, Phillipines, Hong Kong, India, etc)

This should have ended the thread 10 replies ago.

I agree.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

IMO no matter if the PS3 is 300K ahead in Europe or you take VGChartz/Microsoft's comments. The 360 sells at nearly a third the entry pricing of a PS3 at Euorpe's largest retailers and has been on the market for 36 months, 16 more months than the PS3.

This while the biggest PS2 sequels and most anticipated games for the PS3 are still to hit the platform and the 360 has had releases of all its most anticipated games and all hit titles on the XBox has already seen 360 sequels.

So no matter the exact figure, the PS3 performed wonderfully versus to the 360 in Europe.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

it's chances in the US are nill right now... a EU price cut would help sony's WW total much more than a US price cut would

Tyrannical said:
Kenology said:
With this, Sony just confirmed that they will be surpassed by the 360 in only 2 to 3 weeks.

Yup.

The next Sony PR statement will be how the PS3 is still ahead in mainland Europe. Ignoring the 1M 360 lead in the UK.

Spin preemption FTW.

What next if that one fails too? A deluge of press releases from Sony's regional reps in those countries where the PS3 might still be winning?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

So no matter the exact figure, the PS3 performed wonderfully versus the 360 in non-UK Europe.

Fixed

Though it was insightful of you to use the past tence of perform.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

@ Cueil

I agree Sony's options this year with regard to the Americas are limited right now, but for the long run things don't look bad at all. The PS3 will see a South American launch next year, technicals with regard to gaming potential (including FPS, far more feature rich as well as free online) and the rising demand for Blu-Ray movie compatibility, time is on Sony's side.

IMO the biggest opportunities for Sony right now lie in Japan where I think a slimline PS3 and a release of Final Fantasy XIII could result into massive gains. I also hope the White Knight Chronicles will affect PS3 sales this Christmas like consumers and retailers in Japan are expecting.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales