By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony:we are 300,000 units ahead of X360 in Europe

"PS3 is tracking where PS2 was at the same point in its life"

WW - PS3 is at 75% of what the PS2 was at the same point in its life...

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=PS3&reg3=All&weeks=156

Europe - PS3 is at 90% of the PS2

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=PS3&reg3=Europe&weeks=156

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

shanezx
he said "I am confident that in PAL territories our installed base is 300,000 units ahead of Xbox 360,” said Reeves" not that i believe a word that comes out of a employee's mouth of ether MS or Sony but that would be machines in the home

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

joshin69 said:
shanezx
he said "I am confident that in PAL territories our installed base is 300,000 units ahead of Xbox 360,” said Reeves" not that i believe a word that comes out of a employee's mouth of ether MS or Sony but that would be machines in the home

Not really because they count sold to retailer as install base.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Maybe a couple of weeks ago Sony was 300K units ahead but the 360 has been crushing Sony in Europe lately -- 100K last week, 140K this week. That's 240K more Xboxes than PS3s in two weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL#Countries_and_territories_using_PAL

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Reeves is not dispelling anything MS said. Even if the PS3 is 300k ahead in Europe (which is quite arbitrary really), the 360 has been outselling PS3 in Europe over the past few weeks, which is what MS announced. MS didnt say the 360 was ahead of PS3 installed base, just that it was selling more. Bad piece of interpretation from MCV.

Sorry but our site is quick to change numbers when ever bloody MS PR say something. Sony provided ACTUAL numbers, unlike MS which just know to bark without any proof.

And how far ahead are you of the Wii in Europe Sony?

shanbcn said:

Sorry but our site is quick to change numbers when ever bloody MS PR say something. Sony provided ACTUAL numbers, unlike MS which just know to bark without any proof.

I would like to nominate this comment for a darwin award.

Sony stating numbers = fact

MS stating numbers= bark without proof

disolitude said:
shanbcn said:

I would like to nominate this comment for a darwin award.

Sony stating numbers = fact

MS stating numbers= bark without proof

el-oh-el