By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you feel about M$ new DVD to Drive option?

Now, don't get me wrong I love installing my Games to the HDD, and I know it was to increase read times for the game media while playing.  It also quited the god awful sound of the DVD-ROM, but I feel there might of been a 3 fold reason.  I have a 20 gig HDD, and I now feel that I "need" bigger.

I currently have room for one game install, and I am finding my self deleting GOW2 to install RB2 visa versa consantly.  I think I have the perfect stocking stuffer for my wife (who never plays or cares about the 360) j/k.  I am sure I am going to pick up a 120 gig ASAP.  Microsoft makes bank off their HDDs, and pretty much ever accessory they sell.

Agree or dissagree, it's just the man getting what he wants, and getting me to upgrade a part (HDD) to something I did not think I would need to change out when I got my 360 earlier this year.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

i love it, and since i tend to play one game at a time i load it up till i have it beat then delete it and pop on the next one

I only have Fallout 3 on my 20GB HDD and it's worth it.

Well I bought an Elite when I upgraded from a Core (w/20gb) earlier, so I'm happy that I have something that makes the gaming experience a bit better and lets me use up more of the space on my 120gb hd. ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Yeah, I scored a 120 gig drive off ebay for 100 bucks 5 months ago. Best decision i made as I have 10 games installed already.

Can't isntall Halo 3 tho as it actually plays worse and I play halo 3 every week...but other than that it rocks.

Around the Network

It's good, always will be good.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

I have a 20gig so I can't really install anything.

Sure would appreciate it if Emdollarsign gives it a mark down in price(for 120GB)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

well its nice to have the option...although I have a 20gb drive and I plan to upgrade to 120gb soon so I can install all my games inside (except halo of coarse)...

I haven't played a game off the disk since the update. I only play one at a time anyways so the 20GB works fine for me.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

You have to be careful. Not all games play better after the install. Halo3 is a good example.