By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November Xbox sales "biggest in its history"

Interesting, Wii probably had nearly the same unit YoY growth as the 360 and the PS3 barely increased.

Around the Network

Heh, no where near to peak year.

KatinJin said:
Heh, no where near to peak year.

Why prayetll?

I think everyone now understands MS strategy with the Core/Arcade. It didn't become completely clear until this year. Think about it, 3 years since the console released, and the 2 main 360 SKUs have only droppped $100. Demand for the Arcade SKU went sky high as a result. Of course, the Pro demand went up also. But now, come next year, with the Pro possibly at $199, demand will go higher.

It's proof MS is expecting a long life for the 360. And I believe this 3rd year, which as stated is usually the peak year for a console, will NOT be the 360's peak year. This generation of consoles is rewriting history, and I think it's mainly because Nintendo was able to open up gaming to a wider audience.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

I think someone in this thread forgot that MS is able to cut prices for their SKU's in the next year...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Don't come up with history, this gen proved history wrong so many times.

How so?

DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

It is the 360's peak year.

Really? I thought 2006 was the year of 360? Oh, and 2007 was the 360s peak year. So....2008 is the peak year too?

FAST FORWARD

"2009 was the 360s peak year. Just wait, in 2010 the PS3 is going to murder it with a price cut!" -- Generic quote made by those who do not Jump In in October-November 2009

Holy cow I think I saw the future.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
DMeisterJ said:
Good. They should be.

It is the 360's peak year.

Really? I thought 2006 was the year of 360? Oh, and 2007 was the 360s peak year. So....2008 is the peak year too?

FAST FORWARD

"2009 was the 360s peak year. Just wait, in 2010 the PS3 is going to murder it with a price cut!" -- Generic quote made by those who do not Jump In in October-November 2009

Holy cow I think I saw the future.

How would 2006 or 2007 be the 360's peak year?  When have I ever said that?  Oh, you're trolling?  Oh, okay.

Ehm.

Anyway, I'm simply repeating what TheSource has said many times before.  The third year of sales is the peak year.  And most consoles follow that trend to a "T".  Given the price point of the system, and the resulting sales, it's fairly obvious that the 360 will have the bulk of it's sales this year.  There will not be any price drops next year, given how often and much they dropped prices this year.  We won't see a sub-200 360 for a good while in NA, and with the two price cuts in EU, there's no price cut coming next year.  JP, maybe, but 360 is dead over there.  The perfect storm that was price cuts will not happen again in 2009, and by 2010 MS will be gearing up for the next XBOX. 

Trust me, 360 sales will not be higher for Calendar Year 09 than Calendar Year 08. 

If you disagree with me, you also disagree with TheSource.

P.S.  Your psychic skills suck ass.

Edit:

TheSource said:

Well the third full year is normally the peak year of a console anyway.

Link:  http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=1419005

I wonder how much this "peak year = third year" idea is going to continue to be reflected in this generation, though. The Nintendo DS curb-stomped it, and I don't know if we can even begin to claim that the Wii is necessarily going to peak next year.

LOL @DmeisterJ calling someone else a troll.

I love all the damage controlling PS3 trolls are doing now that 360 is doing well.
I still remember 360 suppose to "peak" last year with Halo 3 and this is the year of the PS3.

Like I said before keep on moving the goal post for your favorite console.